Senator Kamala Harris rejects White Call call: "we want nothing to do with you" (7-9-2018)

There is nothing in the Constitution?

Apparently pretty much no one here knows what the definition of treason is.

1 Like

Good summary.

I may have to go back and re-read it to make sure, but Iā€™m pretty confident on this one. :wink:

Treason is a catch-all term to describe Democrats and RINOS.

All very fair points. I do not disagree with this at all. Do you know whether a Constitutional amendment would need to be passed to implement this for Presidential elections? I believe each State would have to pass its own legislation, to implement something like this for State elected offices.

Iā€™ve always believed that we should make ā€œVoting Dayā€ a national holiday. Both for sense of ease of voting, but also to inspire more to be a part of the process. But I doubt it will happen in my lifetime. Also, I believe that many on the right would fight this tooth-and-nail, as the greater the turnout, the lower their chances are for gaining or retaining power.

If you vote, and are politically active, then I doubt that my dear. :wink:

The Constitution disagrees with you.

Iā€™m not a legal scholar, and i donā€™t pretend to be one here on Hannity.com. Like you, I believe at the State level itā€™s fairly simple (as simple as passing legislation to change how we conduct elections; not simple at all). For President, well, the States currently get to determine how they award their electoral votes. Not every State uses a winner-take-all system, therefore I imagine they could change their votes based on their ranking-system-voting-system, if they so chose.

Itā€™s not going to happen though. Itā€™d effectively take away power from the major two parties. I donā€™t think either Party wants to cede power, even if it was to a politician who hold similar positions to their own. Party power goes far beyond a single politician.

1 Like

Enough about Jim Jordanā€¦

Thanks for keeping me in check. I wouldnā€™t want the power to go to my head.

1 Like

Seriously though; what kind of banana logic is it that anyone can edit a post once itā€™s been edited the first time?

I think, hopefully, they are working on resolving the issue. And just getting some trial runs and kinks worked out.

But I do understand the concept of allowing any of us to edit things like OPā€™s though. To re-assign them to proper categories, etc. To make it more of a community effort, and take some of the workload off of the moderators. So we can somewhat self-moderate the forum. And if posters are too ignorant and take advantage of it, and treat this power irresponsibly, then they should eat a ban, be it temporary or permanent.

I suppose. Itā€™s pretty foreign to me though, and Iā€™ve been hitting discussion forums for 20+ years.

Oh thats Rich! LOL& LOL again!

As have I, and I understand your point. When it was first explained at the beginning of the new site, it made some sense to me. But then after edit disappeared, Iā€™m less convinced at its applications now.

Either youā€™re very very old or quite young to not remember this internet classic:

Its a Classic

Lol how bout shooting off a nuke.

Allan

That would be stupid of them to do.

But that would make them a threat,right?

Allan