Senator Hawley's proposal to end political bias by tech giants

Mmm hmm.

I’m sure someone over at Google is really worried about it.

I am curious as to which searches show liberal bias.

I was wondering that myself. What should we be searching for that is going to have a bias?

I support your right to believe in a false reality, and I support your right to try your best to encourage others to put blinders on and come live with you in your alternate reality.

3 Likes

Lol this Senator pulled one over on the Republican Media crowd

He knows it’s going nowhere, for so many reasons, but knows the indoctrinated won’t look into why.

He’s good.

1 Like

That’s my observation of politics in general, and Democrats are certainly not above the fray. I see the two political parties as large groups of people standing on opposite sides of the street and they’re holding signs. Whenever the occupant of the White House changes to a person of a different party, two people in those two groups drop their signs, cross the street and pick up those signs and continue.

I see the solution proposed as more dangerous than the problem. If/when power shifts I can see someone proposing a bill that Fox News stop its “bias” or something something.
By all means make a public argument over the bias of a search engine and even call for people to not use it. Im not sure we want the government in there, though.

1 Like

This isn’t about group hypocrisy - that’s a logical fallacy to begin with.

I’m talking about individual hypocrisy - and I agree, it’s not a partisan thing.

A well reasoned and salient post. Well done.

So let me get this straight…………? Me being a Conservative, and Wanting Americans to seek the truth out for themselves, is a so called False Reality in you mind?

Waiiiiiiiiit!!! you also said, It’s “encouraging” Others to put “blinders” on.

lmao. It’s really hard for me to write you a response while not cracking up laughing at what you just said. lol.

So asking Americans to seek out their own “Truth” in life, is some how encouraging to put “blinders” on? How so? lmao!!!

I’m ganna laugh at your response for the rest of the night! :laughing::sweat_smile::rofl::joy::sweat_smile::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

:rofl:

You do you.

Which search shows liberal bias?

Look, something that I’ve written about awhile back, that I was talking about
Democrats when I said it, and now a Democrat is talking about it. lol.

ask a political question on Google. Then see what the top results are. Look at things like weather the site is owned by someone like CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, or MSNBC show up at the top. compared to a Conservative based site.

When a person searches for “Donald Trump news” a fair search engine results would be half positive and half negative. That is called fairness. If you search for that string using Google today almost all of the results will be negative. Totally unfair. If a business can’t be fair to the president then maybe the government should take control of that business.

2 Likes

An example of which political question to ask please.

Sorry lost total credibility by mentioning Project Veritas

1 Like

In all seriousness, I have seen this argument made before - that “fairness” equals even numbers of positive and negative stories.

1 Like

I just googled “Donald Trump approval rating” Rassmussen was the second result. Lol.

I’d feel bad for the victim hood mentality that perpetuated this proposal, but at this point it’s just hilarious. Keep it coming!

2 Likes