Senate now voting on final confirmation of Kavanaugh

UPDATE:

Trump has already issued Kavanaugh’s commission.

The above press release from the Supreme Court indicates that Kavanaugh will be sworn in today, with Chief Justice Roberts administering the Constitutional Oath and Retired Justice Kennedy administering the Judicial Oath.

If he is not already officially the 114th Justice, he likely will be within the hour.

First photo is Roberts administering the Constitutional Oath and the second photo is Kennedy administering the Judicial Oath.

1 Like

The next order of business is determining Kavanaugh’s circuit assignment. The current circuit assignments are below. Roberts has had the Ninth Circuit since Kennedy’s retirement, but will be handing it off now that the court is back to full strength. It will be interesting to see if a more senior Justice leaps over Kavanaugh to take the Ninth Circuit. If that is the case, Kavanaugh would likely end up with the circuit vacated by that Justice.

• For the District of Columbia Circuit - John G. Roberts, Jr., Chief Justice
  • For the First Circuit - Stephen Breyer, Associate Justice
    (Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island)
  • For the Second Circuit - Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Associate Justice (Connecticut, New York, Vermont)
  • For the Third Circuit - Samuel A. Alito, Jr., Associate Justice (Delaware, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Virgin Island)
  • For the Fourth Circuit - John G. Roberts, Jr., Chief Justice (Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, West Virginia, Virginia)
  • For the Fifth Circuit - Samuel A. Alito, Jr., Associate Justice (Louisiana, Mississippi, Texas)
  • For the Sixth Circuit - Elena Kagan, Associate Justice (Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, Tennessee)
  • For the Seventh Circuit - Elena Kagan, Associate Justice (Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin)
  • For the Eighth Circuit - Neil M. Gorsuch, Associate Justice (Arkansas, Iowa, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota)
  • For the Ninth Circuit - John G. Roberts, Jr., Chief Justice (Alaska, Arizona, California, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Oregon, Montana, Nevada, Northern Mariana Islands, Washington)
  • For the Tenth Circuit - Sonia Sotomayor, Associate Justice (Colorado, Kansas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Utah, Wyoming)
  • For the Eleventh Circuit - Clarence Thomas, Associate Justice (Alabama, Florida, Georgia)
  • For the Federal Circuit - John G. Roberts, Jr., Chief Justice .

I have some bad news for you.

Hillary is currently polling in second for the 2020 primary race behind Biden, if he doesn’t run, she might just be your nominee.

Do you remember who was polling first or second for the 2016 primary race in 2014?

Time to celebrate.

1 Like

No, but I looked it up, Hillary by a wide margin.

funny how Cons recite useless polls before midterms on who is leading as Dem presidential front runner.

Let’s circle back in a year and see if those polls still remain true. I am willing to bet NOPE!

She won’t be my nominee because I’m an independent who loathed Hillary. I’m rooting for Kasich to jump into the 2020 race and primary Trump if he’s vulnerable.

Two sex pests on the Court now. Equal Opportunity Employer!! Yay for us!

prove it…

1 Like

I see a book deal I het future. maybe even $100,000+ speaking engagements.

LOL!

10kavs

Knew you couldn’t.

1 Like

If you say so.

Kasich is very unpopular -even in Ohio. Hubby’s public service work and my higher ed job were both subject to his stifling policies - so glad he’s leaving. Way OT, but due to differences in support for issue one, Cordray may get my vote over DeWine in governor’s race.

Maybe Kasich should run as a democrat…since the present leaders has failed their people that they’re suppose to represent?

I think Kasich should just run as the common sense conservative that doesn’t toe the party line as I think the country will be over its “stupid phase” in a couple of years and will want more mature leadership, especially if the economy takes a downturn.

Kasich isn’t a conservative.

2 Likes

What Sneak said.