Seems like Golden Boy Romeny

Utah is not as Conservative and Mormon as that state used to be, but I still believe that Romney will get elected as Senator there.

1 Like

Had Romney not gone the “dual” route to the primary, he probably would have won it outright in convention. Many of the delegates vote against anyone who chose to do the dual rout (cacus & signitures) to the primary. Romney was going to be in the primary regardless of the caucus. His opponent could have got 60% (60% threshold to eliminate all others from primary) and Romney would still be in the primary.

Bah humbung. Guess I should read all the thread before posting :smiley:

Oh please. That’s just garbage. Trump is a liar, serial adulterer, scammed people out of money (Trump University and allegedly didn’t pay everyone who did work for him) and a guy who regularly mocks people who disagree with him. Plus, he’s on the record as saying he doesn’t think he needs to ask for forgiveness.

I’d like Romney to be more conservative, especially now that he’s running in deep red Utah, but he’s at least a very decent man.

Of course he will, he’s well liked and Utah is not turning purple any time soon. Even his primary opponent should win the general. However, I hope it’s Romney because I heard his opponent is a big Trumpster.

it’s kind of funny that evangelicals are tying their wagon to Donald Trump. Donald Trump. i have a feeling that this is gonna be like the whole Bush thing (where people voted for him, praised him and now you it’s hard to find people who admit they voted for him).

and the fact that a lot of Trump voters voted for Romney is also so, so ironic.

i think you mean SOME evangelicals tied their wagon to Trump. I never did, and never will.

His behavior alone is a disqualifier. Now I’m not stupid enough to think he’s the first POTUS who has cheated with multiple women, but I prefer someone who, as far as we know, is a good family man. Either that or he genuinely repented of his bad ways. Neither of those apply to Trump.

I didn’t like Obama’s policies, but have always admitted he seemed very devoted to his family. Same with Bush 1 and 2. I’ve never doubted that.

he’s on record saying he asks for forgiveness as often as possible. Post your quote if you like. I’ll post mine, which says that you have been lied to.

“When we go into church — and when I drink my little wine, which is about the only wine I drink, and have my little cracker — I guess that is a form of asking for forgiveness. I do that as often as possible because I feel cleansed, OK?”

1 Like

It’s a statement made by someone who has absolutely no idea what the sacrament of Holy Communion is even about.

Thanks for helping to prove my point. Everyone seems to have a parochial view that they think is universal.

It’s not even considered a sacrament in all churches.

"The Eucharist (/ˈjuːkərɪst/; also called Holy Communion or the Lord’s Supper, among other names) is a Christian rite that is considered a sacrament in most churches and an ordinance in others. "

That might explain why Romeny couldn’t secure a majority at the convention. :rofl:

You voted for Obama over Romney?

Allan

I voted for Johnson in 2012.

He’s not a very good candidate. He likes mandates. And no one wants to hear about his dog again…

I have absolutely no problem with the individual mandate on the state level. I am a big supporter of the 10th Amendment. My main problem with the ACA was having the individual mandate on the national level.

Freedom is better…

I bet you didn’t vote for him either.

:wink:

I did… I didn’t vote for McCain though.

as soon as Trump is gone and dem is back in office.

the new president will rescind all the bad (and there are a lot of them) EOs that trump has issued and the only thing that will be left of Trump will be his disastrous tax cuts.

Progress will continue on in the United states and this dark age of trump will be a mere footnote in history.

Allan

Dark age of Trump? After your Messiah put us through the lost decade?