Securing the oil

:rofl:

Is that “intellectual”?

What facts and issues are you referring to, in the context of this conversation?

The question "What would Aristotle say” requires intellectual reasoning to compose, and to answer.

So you’re saying that Erdogan called up the president of the United States and threatened our military forces and the president immediately folded when threatened and you think this is a better look?

4 Likes

If someone holds a hearing to find out those facts, we may know. A start would be any correspondence before the attack. Did Turkey indicate they were going to attack? Which came first…the threat to attack or the removal of troops.
Likely the facts wont come to light soon unless Pelosi decides to hold her own Benghazi style invatsion.
I believe I heard the Sec. of Defense (expert enough for you) indicate that the risk of attack may have come before the removal of troops, not the other way around.
At this point I am more interested in how this plays out for the long term.
Best you should write Pelosi to hold hearings on whether this was handled correctly.

Guys, Trump’s not incompetent, just a coward, what don’t you get?

2 Likes

He wasn’t at risk of being caught between Turkey and the Kurds.

For that matter, neither was Pelosi.
Though perhaps she should have volunteered to stand there in the sand. Surely Turkey wouldn’t have risked a war by her getting harmed.

I get it, Trump is a ■■■■■ who let the dictator of a second rate nation scare him into changing the military deployments. I’m agreeing with you, he got punked.

4 Likes

Can’t even agree with a guy anymore.

"The order comes as Turkish forces are pushing further south into Syria. Last week, the country launched its long-threatened incursion into the country after Trump ordered a small contingent of about 50 US troops to be pulled back from the border area amid a belief that a Turkish incursion was imminent."

Its not courage to throw away the lives of 50 people who aren’t yourself.
Again, if Pelosi and 49 other good Congresspeople would be willing to go over there and stand in the sand between the Turks and the Kurds, then I will be willing to consider them to be heros. Since they believe this is a certain detriment to fighting by Turkey, they should be willing to do so.

Yes. This is it.

These people. I can’t even.

1 Like

Trump is the best president ever. Unfortunately, the industrial military complex does not want an elected President creating foreign policy that will reduce their profits. So they are determined to scuttle any such attempts by whatever means necessary. Who fought you think will win? “We, the people” via their chosen one, or the profiteering IMC?

You repeating that this would have been the alternative in no ways means this would have been the alternative. You can repeat it a thousand times…won’t make it true.

And the troops aren’t coming home- they’re going to Iraq to help prevent…wait for it…a resurgence of ISIS that, if it happens will be because we left the area and allowed those ISIS prisoners to escape.

So thanks for keeping our boys in the messy Middle East while at the same time making it messier for them.

Good job, Mr. President!

Right. Gung ho! You think we should have gone to war with Turkey. You’re an endless foreign wars kinda guy.

And the world’s police would get as much respect and thanks from the left worldwide as the nation’s police get from the left in the US .

:roll_eyes:

Non sequitur

Not if the left’s belly-aching is to make the US military a disempowered stench in the nostrils of anarchists and a popular target for them to harrass.

Non sequitur

Would you care to try and fail a third time?

Triple fails are always the best.

You bet me to it.

Nobody has to make that idiot look bad. That’s the only thing he does well.