Securing the oil

If Trump kept the pressure on them that Bush and Obama did we probably could have prevented it altogether.

I blame Trump for letting it happen.

Yeah, you can make up whatever scenario you want for something that didn’t happen.

Exactly

My immediately prior post works for your statement too.

Based on actual history that did happen, it is highly likely.

No, it doesn’t. That’s a silly argument.

It’s true that we can’t know what would have happened, had Trump left the troops there. But we, as intelligent human beings, are able to form an opinion as to what would have happened versus what has happened.

And pretty much everyone is agreed that Trump ■■■■■■ up, aside from you, Trump, and the rest of the cult.

US is a party to ethnic cleansing, now.

That may make some feel all warm and squishy inside.

Not me.

So let’s think about that. Let’s roleplay this phone call.

Trump: “Hi Erdy. Can I call you Erdy? How’s it going?”

Erdogan: “We will invade Syria next week!”

…now theres a crossroads…

Trump could say “Ok, buddy. Go get those Kurds, I’ll pull our troops out.” Or he could say “No, you won’t.”

Sometimes you got to let the kids fight a little

Are there any military or diplomatic experts who have said that Trump did the right thing?

I have a Reservist friend who just came back from a summer in Syria.

He’s pretty sure that at least some of the Kurdish soldiers and officers he worked with are dead now.

What do you think those troops being pulled back think of this?

Not that I have heard. I don’t even think he has any members of Congress explicitly backing him up here.

No, everyone isn’t pretty much agreed to, likely everyone you have political discussions with is pretty much agreed. They are agreed that they hate Trump and will interpret anything and everything against him. That is what they are agreed to.
It may well be that Turkey had made up its mind that it was going to attack and that is why we pulled out…to save American lives and to avoid a new war with a NATO partner.

:rofl:

The only people I have “political discussions” with are the posters on this message board, yourself included.

I’m talking about experts in the field, not popular opinions.

That’s not how it works. There’s no such thing as “made up their mind” until they actually do it.

Trump fell for Erdogan’s weak bluff. It was an unforced error.

There are a couple of ways to look at this, and none of them are good. In the best case scenario, Trump was honestly bullied into pulling the troops out.

Unless someone wants to put forth the 11th-dimensional chess argument.

It’s almost like they’re using the same tired arguments over and over.

I go by evidence, not by people who call themselves :“experts”. Ususally you can find an expert to agree with about any position.

:rofl:

Are we already at the anti-intellectual stage?

Hanging on the words of supposed “experts” is not intellectual. Understanding facts and issues is.
Hmmm, maybe that’s what Biden meant by being interested in truth, not facts.

“What would Aristotle say” came before intellectual reasoning.