Sanctuary Cities, Good? Or Bad?

Sanctuary cities are open borders. That 7,000 person caravan wouldn’t be headed this way from Central America if they thought they were going to be harassed until they were finally deported, even if they entered the country. They know they can head to certain areas and be considered “valued citizens” for their efforts at breaking through our borders.

If you have a net positive state tax payment then you are helping to subsidize those on welfare.

I have no problem with a portion of my taxes going to help others who were not as fortunate as me in terms of health or mental capacity. My issue is my hard earned money going to people I know didn’t have it really any worse than I did but because of their own stupid decisions get some of my money. Money that could be used to improve our god awful roads and bridges instead of propping up failure.

1 Like

Nope, lets see the money trail that proves exactly where its going.

With our convuleted tax system? It’s impossible to prove where any money is going.

But without taxes there is no welfare state. So yes taxes are being spent to subsidize segments of the population.

You aren’t kidding. Oregon is one of the worst states since most of the state’s tax revenues go into the General Fund which is a catch all for many programs. The kicker? The State doesn’t check what funds are already earmarked for other projects, just if there’s enough in the fund to cover whatever program they want to spend money on. It’s why even though the state is one of the highest in the nation as far as state taxes, they’re always screaming that they need more money. There’s practically no accountability for how the money is spent either.

Not the “Insure More People Act”

AFFORDABLE CARE ACT

does the name really matter that much to you.

Yes it was going to control costs. FAIL

but at the exact same time it was to help more people onto the insured roles subsidizing
health insurance. PASS.

Allan

What in the AFFORDABLE CARE ACT was going to help control costs?

Young people being forced to buy insurance.

Allan

How does that force the cost of heart surgery down?

Lets see 25 healthy insured young hearts for every heart surgury v 10 healthy insured young hearts

Allan

I

People who still can’t afford to go see a doctor much less get any treatment you can’t do yourself OTC and with basic first aid.

All it did was make everyone else poorer.

The refugees are legally suppose to seek asylum in the first country that they come to, after escaping from their own country. They don’t wish to do this, and neither do the Democrats. The Democrats don’t actually care about the children, or the refugees! The only thing the Democrat Party cares about are the votes!

Completely false… There is no “safe third country” agreement with Mexico…

correct. The only country we have that agreement with is Canada.

Allan

That would be the EU rules for immigration or the “Dublin Treaty”, which regardless was ignored by the migrants in Europe by the millions in one year alone.

Here is the way it works in the U.S. and what
makes out laws a complete joke. First remember asylum was made to be used for those fleeing political violence - think Castro and the Cubans who came in the boats.

The current caravan are not fleeing Honduras because of political violence, there economic migrants seeking a better life. I don’t blame them but they have no more right to be here than any other immigrants some who have been waiting for years legally while being tied up in the immigration system.

Bigger pools were supposed to lower costs by driving competition. By forcing people to buy their policies. Iron clad logic. :roll_eyes: I’m sure that’s why when prices magically started almost doubling overnight they said “well, they were going up prior to the ACA anyway…” I mean why would prices go up after that? It’s not like the demand was artificially inflated or anything. Oh wait. Suckers.

By forcing young healthy people who don’t need doctors to buy them.

1 Like

Universal Healthcare. We gatta pay ahead of time, for all of those refugees coming over. Especially, if any of them need a 10k surgery. lol.

Your wrong about that. The young people buying insurance was supposed to cover (at least in some part) the cost of insuring those with preexisting conditions and the other uninsured. Young people buying insurance does nothing to deal with the cost of healthcare.