Robert Francis O'Rourke 1 point behind Rafael Bienvenido Cruz in Texas

St Simon is beautiful and people are friendly, I’m worried though what is happening to Jekyll and developers

Hard to hear you all the way back there in the 1970s.

I am an old punk fan here, dating back to the 70s and 80s. Never was about how well you sung, but man o man it was fun. Still is. Best music, to me, by far even this many years later.

Hell I listen to the old stuff and its still better than 99 percent of the stuff out there now, and my Nephews love it too. Dead Kennedys, The Clash, The Misfits, Sex Pistols, Husker Du and all the great punk out of the skateboarding culture, whats not to love?

3 Likes

I am going to see FEAR tomorrow night

1 Like

I broke 2 ribs at a Fear show, back in the early 2000s.

1 Like

Love those guys! “I love livin’ in the city” is one of my favorite tunes. They were a huge influence to SoCal punk. Still liked Minor Threat and the DKs more but props to them.

I have an old Bad Brains T-Shirt that I wear to the gym, and for some reason it never fails to bring smiles to a few old guys like me who remember how awesome this time was.

1 Like

I separated my shoulder slam dancing in Austin in the early 80s. Fun stuff!

If Ted loses, what will he do?

From Tea Party star, to presidential candidate, to Trump’s lackey, even after his family and wife were insulted, to losing to a liberal in Texas?

I would love to see that face…

Never was a punk fan myself, but I did lose about 4 pounds of water weight in the mosh pit of a Black Flag show in the basement of a frat house after the police shut down an outdoor performance.

Fun times.

I think.

my injury list is long but it is mostly from my career as a pro skateboarder… too long. lol

That would have been epic. Early days of the band? Best shows back then. When “Damaged” came out it was a real game changer. Rollins’ first album with the band, IIRC.

Hmmm…Beto is gonna lose here but the dude is absolutely a rising Dem star. Probably not ready for 2020 presidential election- but definitely for 2024.

Aye the Irish are finally catching up to the Mexicans! Good thing too! Bring me a plate of potatos!

I saw Black Flag in 84. When the girl was still playing bass. Damaged is such a classic aldum. TV Party!!

Jello Briafra for Governor!

1 Like

They’re always welcome here in MO, especially in KC where BBQ is masterful. :wink:

1 Like

I emailed with Jello last week!

1 Like

We went to see Flag last summer. They’re all in their late 50’s, early 60’s now and it was freaking amazing still.

1 Like

Love that song. Nice to see a little humor. Granted the DKs were routinely hilarious. They still tour but without Jello there’s really no point. He toured with the Melvins about a decade ago but never near where I live.

1 Like

Ooooh, he is a real hero of mine.

2 Likes