Robert Francis O'Rourke 1 point behind Rafael Bienvenido Cruz in Texas

Dont get me and @margaretms2 started :wink:

In the last couple years my band has opened for Agent Orange, Government Issue, played festivals where Descendents headlined…I’m the go to guy for local openers when the old vanguards come to town.

2 Likes

As a former singer in a punk band and then a former bassist in an industrial band, this revelation makes me even more excited to vote Beto!

4 Likes

As a current singer in a punk band and someone who shares the 90s DIY ethos he often talks about, this dude is SO MY DUDE.

1 Like

Dunno if you ever check out those 33 1/3 books, but the one about Fresh Fruit is really great.

1 Like

Reuters poll this week has Beto +2. Looking forward to the Sept 30 debate.

Yeah, I really hope the debate goes well for Beto.

Having said that, the latest Quinnipiac poll has Cruz +9.

1 Like

Spring of either 85 or 86.

Where would you put the music of the Texas Playboys? or the Texas Tornados? or the Texas Troubadour? (OK, he was a solo not a group.:slight_smile: )

At least Beto got a real Texan to do his music.

sob i just got hey baby que paso out of my head.

Best of the 80’s right there. I miss them.

1 Like

Yeah but none of this matters Sneaky, because he’s wearing a jersey for the right team. Just like it doesn’t matter if Keith Ellison has been accused of domestic abuse.

2 Likes

Probably because more Texans are becoming engaged in the race and realize what a leftist he is. Good candidate for CT or NY, not so much Texas.

1 Like

This is one of those races where even a close loss is just about as good as a victory.

Wait, I thought it was supposed to be unfair to hold youthful indiscretions against someone for the rest of their life. Or does that only apply for Republican Supreme Court nominees who violently sexually assault teenage girls?

2 Likes

You think DWI and crimes like rape are apple to apples? OK!

1 Like

Where is the proof he violently sexually assaulted teenage girls? I await your proof.

Now we actually know for sure Beto drove drunk, got in an accident and tried to flee the scene. He does not deny it and we have a record of it. He could have killed someone.

And I can’t speak for @WuWei but can tell you I’ve never said if BK did do what he’s accused of it doesn’t matter.

But unlike most of the left, I’m not about to convict him on the slimmest of evidence. The burden of proof is always on an accuser.

1 Like

Every other recent poll is a statistical tie. For now the quinnipac is the outlier.

That and California. I always laugh when someone on this board suggests at some point they will get tired of the liberal leadership.

A certain Presidental election in 2000 already set the bar for DUI acceptance…

1 Like

His ex-girlfriend accused him. Why hasn’t he been charged?