Robert Francis O'Rourke 1 point behind Rafael Bienvenido Cruz in Texas

I am a conservative and have many if not most friends who are liberals. IMHO some people are
taking politics way to seriously. Maybe it has something to do with the decline of religion and some people are now making politics their new
religion.

That’s pretty scary, hardly anything has changed
in policy since Trump was elected.

Maybe it has to do with a billionaire descending his escalator to call half the country the enemy.

That’s just simply not true.

Go ahead and link similar comments by her colleagues. Ted is hated universally, not just by “the other side”.

Trump is limited in what he can do due to the weak control of Republicans in the Senate and House. If indications are true, that is not likely to improve for the next two years.

L to the O L

What policies put into law are you referring to that Trump changed besides executive orders.

Really?

Really?

Even with your after-the-fact caveat, do we really need me to copy paste the list or can we just acknowledge the silliness that would be me of all people listing trump’s “accomplishments” and you arguing he’s done nothing but be a lame duck? Seems lame.

I have never listed Trumps accomplishments. I am saying other than executive orders which will be canned by the next president what has changed?

One can argue tax cuts and Supreme Court picks, but besides that everything else will be taken out once Sanders is elected in 2020.

The laws can be changed too, which makes your late caveat of no executive orders a bit silly.

If you want to believe that he’s done zero while in office that’s your burden of proof to share not mine.

It’s not silly laws have to be voted on by congress? Executive orders the incoming president simply abolishes with the stroke of a pin.

We still have Obamacare, there is no wall. Besides tax cuts Sanders will simply get rid of them.

Did any of you old punkers notice Beto use The Clash during the debate? Perhaps The Clash is still the Only Band That Matters

“No man born with a living soul
Can be working for the clampdown”

#StrummerLives

3 Likes

Love The Clash! Saw them at the LA Coliseum in 1982.

2 Likes

You old. I was born that year.

2 Likes

He’s so old that you are 10 years younger than him and ALSO OLD

Well, yeah. I have a fountain of youth gene. I’m 6 inches shorter than average, and I have baby face. I still regularly get carded. It’s only starting to not be annoying. I’ve waited a long time to get to this point.

10th grade in the greatest decade of debauchery known to man.

1 Like

Being as I was coming to age in the 90s, and that I was homeschooled by evangelical Christians, my conception of your adolescence comes mainly from movies like The Breakfast Club and Party Monster. Sounds cool.

I went to a HS located in the San Fernando Valley, the movies to accurately describe my adolescence experience was Fast Times at Ridgemont High and Valley Girl.

True story. My dad went to High School at the school Cameron Crowe went undercover at in order to write about his experiences for Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

A really good underrated movie from the early 80’s was The last American Virgin.

1 Like