Robert Francis O'Rourke 1 point behind Rafael Bienvenido Cruz in Texas

Asking to see the basement or the Stars at Night bit? If you’re there you should do both.

In Texas, it’s best to keep your politics to yourself if you’re a liberal. Especially at work.

I thought the cities in Texas were leaning left.

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned, and I doubt if it’s likely to stay this way but RCP now has Tx senate seat as toss up.

All of them? I don’t think anyone said that.

I thought they were referring cities, when I think of Dallas, Houston, and Austin they are a bit left leaning as a whole aren’t they? I mean not to the extent of here in Seattle left, but don’t they go democrat in the presidential elections?

Yes. Yes they do.

Not true in the surrounding suburbs of Houston. Still very Republican.

Seems like even Ted Cruz doesn’t want Ted Cruz to win.

Is there a less likable person in politics? Nobody likes Ted Cruz…

George W. Bush: “I just don’t like the guy.”

Bob Dole: “I don’t know how he’s going to deal with Congress. Nobody likes him.”

John Boehner: “I have Democrat friends and Republican friends. I get along with almost everyone, but I have never worked with a more miserable son of a bitch in my life.”

Lindsey Graham: “If you killed Ted Cruz on the floor of the Senate, and the trial was in the Senate, nobody would convict you.”

Peter King: “I hate Ted Cruz, and I think I’ll take cyanide if he ever got the nomination.”

Donald Trump: “He’s a nasty guy. Nobody likes him. Nobody in Congress likes him. Nobody likes him anywhere once they get to know him.”

■■■■■ even Ted Cruz doesn’t like Ted Cruz…

“If you want someone to grab a beer with, I may not be that guy,”

6 Likes

Unfortunately, all of that is quite endearing to conservative Texans…

So you only want to associate with people who are exactly like you… you don’t want anything to do with people who don’t agree with you 100%.

Bet you’re a blast at parties.

1 Like

Oh my god. Is that Graham quote real? Jesus ■■■■■■■ tapdancing Christ.

Like I said, he’s been humbled.

Not since Hildawg retired.

Does that make you feel good?

I don’t like the people they vote into office to run their states. I don’t like the laws those people pass. I don’t like that they won’t pass certain laws. I don’t want to live in a state run by Conservations and Trumplicans and who are their representatives in Washington. There are conservatives and even Trumplicans where I live, but thankfully very few and they don’t control anything on the local level in my area or in state government.

No one in my circle of friends are Cons/Trumpers. Why would I be friends with them when the values/beliefs Cons and Trumpers espouse are completely opposite of mine? It’s not that they don’t agree with me 100% - it’s that we don’t agree on any percent.

I do have friends who voted for Cynthia Nixon and Teachout in the primary and I voted for Cuomo and James, so we don’t agree on everything. But our core values are the same.

Humbled? Try humiliated.

I have never seen comments like that about her… Ted is on another level.

:rofl: go see your eye doctor.