Robert Francis O'Rourke 1 point behind Rafael Bienvenido Cruz in Texas

O’Rourke must have been out of his cotton pickin mind when he said those things.

The GOP is stuck in the 1970s.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/tucker-carlson-claims-america-was-better-50-years-ago-during-immigration-debate/

He was born in 1969…America was in a Great place in 1969

It was a great year. I got my first real six-string that summer.

2 Likes

Says the hippy ;p

Bought it at the five-and-dime
played it 'til my fingers bled

2 Likes

Art is :bread:

Or so I’m told

Who has a debate at 6pm on a Friday.

Well the last 5 minutes I was able to catch were unremarkable.

Here’s the debate link for those who missed it or are out of state: Ted Cruz And Beto O'Rourke Face Off In First Debate | NBC News - YouTube

If all you have to attack a person is their looks, versus whether they are good at their job, you might not have a strong argument.

To be honest, I wasn’t impressed with Beto and Cruz was just his slimy old self, he brought up Hillary around 20 times. I will be shocked if Beto pulls out the upset but still rooting for the guy.

The debate won’t change anyones mind. No one who isn’t already interested would listen to that debate and anyone who was interested isn’t going to be confused as to whether they are a liberal Democrat or a conservative Republican.

You have a point.

Such a shame Austin is in Texas. I could live there if not for that.

To each their own. (sorry for the late response, was doing dishes, then had to start the laundry and get some food).

1 Like

Hope your night went well. Sounds like a typical college student night. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hush your face. Texas is awesome. Austin is awesome. I go 15min one way and I’m in a global cultural capitol. 15 min the other way and I’m surrounded by livestock and open land. You can have a river in the backyard and goats in the front. An old ass truck is always cool, dogs always come to the bar, don’t pay income tax, you can two-step at one place, get sushi across the street and then watch a national stand up act next door. The nearest neighbor’s abuela lives in a tiny house out back and makes tortillas for everyone she knows. Non stop. You can wear a stetson to the opera and boots to a wedding. Family from up north begs to stay with me in winter and sometimes, sometimes I don’t let them. I ate this for lunch:

Texas is awesome.

#TrueToForm

Cruz is an ■■■■■■■■

My biggest complaint is the format of such a debate. One hour to debate “domestic policy”? I could do a one hour monologue on a single domestic policy topic. With such rapid fire questions, a debate like this isn’t much more informative than those “where they stand” meme pics that get share on Facebook.

If anyone was on the fence and watched until the end, at least they’d see that Ted Cruz is an absolutely ■■■■■■ bag. When given the opportunity, can’t even give Beto a compliment without a backhanded political jab.

That would probably work and he could make it work.