Robert Francis O'Rourke 1 point behind Rafael Bienvenido Cruz in Texas

Tonight at 6pm central time. Should be interesting. I have no idea how well Beto does in a debate setting. I know Cruz is pretty adept, but he can also come off as quite cocky so I look forward to seeing how that stacks up against Beto’s personality.

In debates, Cruz often seems like he’s auditioning for some community theater production of Hamlet.

could someone in Texas explain the "Beto" phenomenon.

whats the attraction? I dont see it.

Allan

Camera should do a closeup of Ted Cruz.

Fear was great last night. I am in documentary with Ian Mckay, Gwar, Scream and others but i play jo music. Blood and Steal about a place outside DC in the 80s that had bands the best ramp on the east coast. Skateboarding is why I am interviewed.

2 Likes

You realize that what is disturbing you is his strong ethnic features, especially his nose. Agreed, he does not have classic Nordic features.

Nah, he’s just a creepy dude who also happens to be a coward.

What is “ethnic” about his nose? NuffSaid didn’t say anything about “classic Nordic features.”

Sheeesh.
Get familiar with something besides quips.

1 Like

You punted. That’s ok. I understand why.

Nah, Cruz looks creepy. That’s all.

Didn’t mention anything about ethnicity.

It’s ok, most likely “Lyin’ Ted” will win. Then Trump can go back to bashing him, and those who backed Ted during the election will flip and go back to calling him “Lyin’ Ted” again.

What’s the word for that? Oxymoron?

Yes. I realize people don’t know why they think Cruz looks creepy.

I’m looking forward to the debate.

I agree that Cruz is super adept and he’ll have some zingers that should land pretty well. Beto, so far, seems to be a good public speaker. It’ll be curious to see how he does against Cruz.

I expect Cruz to outdebate him, but Cruz can come off as a turd and not as warm and empathetic as others. So I expect Beto to win the likeability contest, but with Cruz outdebating Beto.

If I was a betting person, my money is still on Cruz to comfortably win. Probably +4ish, likely higher. But the fact that it’s even competitive says a lot about just how toxic the GOP brand has become.

I believe the topic is domestic policy, so likely the biggest issue to come up will be immigration. I hope Beto hits Cruz hard on healthcare and Cruz wanting to let insurers offer plans to deny based on pre-existing conditions. Obviously 2A issues will come up. Tax policy and the economy will definitely be touched on. Beto has a tough job ahead, that’s for sure.

I agree with your prediction, though I wouldn’t be surprised with a Cruz +6 or +7. The fact of the matter is while Texas is such a non-voting state, Republicans come out to vote. We’ll see if Beto can change that.

Yup. I believe the polling. I don’t believe Dems will turn out for Beto.

If I were Beto’s manager I’d have him open carry an AR-15 for the whole debate and never acknowledge it. But I’m a crazy person.

2 Likes

Sure president comancho had his faults, but he also never had a scandal and delegated power in a way that restored our crops. Vote Comancho for a third term.

1 Like