Rising threat of nuclear war

Said the head cheerleader of any and everything leftist. :rofl:

Try not to throw a back out with those kneejerk posts. :wink:

4 Likes

I don’t think Putin is paying attention to these boards…

1 Like

Yes they made several advances in the Donbas region. Established themselves as a source of private contractors in Syria and made numerous deals with China.

Yes of course. Chinese economy grew at the same rate as it during the Obama administration

Yes NK continued to test out ballistic misiles throughout out his presidency

Yes Iran continued to develop nuclear tech otherwise the news last month about them being closer than ever would not have taken place. This one however i don’t really believe. It could very well be a ploy to affect the continued negotiations.

2 Likes

Yes they all advanced.

You are under the impression they did not?

I have always maintained that all military leaders of nuclear nations know the negatives of starting a nuclear war. I will bet you dollars to dog nuts that our military brass has been in contact with their counterparts in Russia. And I am confident that any nuclear command that Putin would give to the Russian military would be dismissed. However Lukashenko is bothersome. I consider him a wildcard who might go along with a wacky Putin plan.

Milley has been trying to set up back channels for a couple days.

The scuttlebutt is he hasn’t reached anyone in Russia but…when questioned about it, he refused to comment so…you never know…

(Of course the scuttlebutt was also that the top Russian general was sacked and that does not appear to be the case, so…)

Lukashenko is a wild card. As was pointed out in the war thread, there’s no need for the weapons to be in Belarus.

Hell they may have to settle talking to a colonel.

:rofl: funny!

1 Like

nothing worth nuking in Canada, so I’m safe.

Lol, if this goes nuclear you aren’t remotely safe.

2 Likes

Every knows. It’s not trolling, just getting my opinion out there.

You have yours, I have mine.

Allan

1 Like

lives close to the largest nuclear power plant in the world.
chuckles i’m in danger.

1 Like

I’m going to the Netherlands.

I will feel safer there (100 miles from the only probable primary target, Brussum) than I do at home (less than 5 miles from a nuclear power plant).

Clinton killed thousands with the bombing campaign in Serbia. He even hit the Chinese embassy.
http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2021-05/07/c_139930944.htm

Bush and Obama killed hundreds of thousands of civilians in the Middle East.

Putin is nothing out of the ordinary. Of course nuclear war could take things to a whole new level.

Obama bad.
Putin good.

2 Likes

I live within two hours of the highest rated single reactor nuclear power station in the United States.

Lol if the ■■■■ hit the fan I’d be in a bad bad way. Especially if the Russians decided to hit it with one of those 750kt monsters on the SS-18.

But if the Russians are still using the old Soviet targeting profiles, my state would get at minimum four warheads. The state capital Jackson, Camp Shelby (which is about ten miles outside of Hattiesburg), the Grand Gulf power plant, and Ingalls.

straight from Moscow… Pennsylvania.

1 Like

I live 30ish miles away from anything of importance. The tank plant where they build the Abrams and a few other armoured vehicles is in Lima, they also have a refinery and an engine plant for Ford. That said if I am on campus, well, I will be glowing. Ohio also has Wright Patterson AFB, Battelle which does a lot of military research, and a few other possible targets. I highly doubt it will get to that point though.

Ok. If I were a leader of Western Europe I would hesitate to label Putin a war criminal. I didn’t think he was paying attention to me personally.

Did it…you might want to check your homework.

China gdp growth rate for 2020 was 2.30%, a 3.65% decline from 2019.
China gdp growth rate for 2019 was 5.95%, a 0.8% decline from 2018.
China gdp growth rate for 2018 was 6.75%, a 0.2% decline from 2017.
China gdp growth rate for 2017 was 6.95%, a 0.1% increase from 2016.

As for Russians movement in Ukraine…you have proof of that?

Or are you BSing me again?

Because you might want to tell Wiki and BBC. I’m SUre BBC is acceptable source for you…right?

NK tested no long range missiles under Trump to my knowledge.

Russians were already in Syria before Trump…do you have proof otherwise?

Again wiki.

Russia has supported the administration of incumbent President Bashar al-Assad of Syria since the beginning of the Syrian conflict in 2011: politically, with military aid, and (since September 2015) through its Mission in Syria (Russian: Миссия в Сирии Missiya v Sirii) with direct military involvement.>

Again are you attempting to blow smoke up my ass again FaC?