Rise in gang activity upon the wealthy in CA

From the link:

10. According to the latest FBI data, the number of street gang members is increasing in 49% of jurisdictions.
(FBI)

*The FBI claims that 49% of the jurisdictions have an increase in street gang membership; the number of members stayed the same at 43% and decreased only in 8% of the jurisdictions. *

This is one of the most worrying trends in gang-related crime stats, implying that with the enlarged membership, their influence will spread too.

And this is how I know you don’t do any actual travels. :wink:

2 Likes

In KC too. We have two schweaty armpits. :wink:

These libs get their entire world views based on their own warped perception of what they read on the internet. :rofl:

“In before?”

Nah, you’ve been there (lib ■■■■ hole) the whole time. It’s how you know it so well.

I’ll remember this lib ■■■■■■■■ the next time I am at one of our many beautiful beaches… while I plan my short trip to beautiful snow capped mountains…

You only wish your ■■■■■■■■ was this nice :rofl:

Once again, every state has something worth seeing and experiencing.

California is blessed in terms of terrain. You guys have a little bit of everything within easy driving distance. Everything from mountains, to forest, to beaches.

But one thing y’all don’t have are bayous. And bayous are awesome. Trust me on that.

Ever had to wait in the middle of the road for a huge gator to cross the road? It’s a pretty amazing sight. Beautiful reptiles.

No, but I got stuck behind some buffalo blocking the road in Wyoming.

And, yes, bayous and swamps are awesome!

1 Like

I lived near a beach for about a decade, I prefer a pool or a lake. Laying out on a crowded beach under a hot sun, no thanks. In any case I can go to a beach or a mountain any time I like.

Wyoming is the number one place I want to retire at.

Absolutely drop dead beautiful terrain. Plus sparsely populated. Best of both worlds.

It was freaky as hell the first time going over the same swamp on the same bridge for 18 miles. I was in a semi truck though, so I could see all sorts of critters down there.

1 Like

Casper has done nothing but explode since I lived there in the 90’s.

To restate the point that I made in the other thread.

Where somebody chooses to live is a purely subjective determination.

For example, many people choose to go to Florida in their older years. I find it far too hot and humid. No mountains. I don’t care for the scrub forest ecology.

My location in North Carolina is about as far “south” as I would choose to live.

But for many people, Florida is perfect.

To each their own.

1 Like

I prefer the southwest. Can’t get the wife on board though. Not to move there anyway, we almost bought a winter house in Scottsdale this year but decided we didn’t want the hassle when we can just rent. I prefer to be outdoors which means snowbirding out of Ohio in January and February. Desert hiking and man the food is so good out there.

Cultural reasons? Weather reasons? Both? Neither?

Weather. I prefer a climate with four seasons. :smile:

Me too.

I do, too. But as I get, uh, slightly older, I’m starting to mind the cold more.

I knew I wanted to live either in a city, a fun smaller town/city, or out in the middle of nowhere. That is: I just wanted to avoid anything in between those three.

Have a friend who lives in AZ and it is a beautiful area for the half a year it is not hellfire hot.

In Arizona your temperature depends on your elevation. Flagstaff is like Colorado and Phoenix…well I was there for a couple of weeks in March once and it was great. I wouldn’t want to be there in July.

I have driven up from Phoenix to Flagstaff on I-17 in July. Went from 104 degrees to 78 degrees. The change is particularly noticeable when you reach the point where the desert starts transitioning to Ponderosa Pine forest.

Not the month I would have chosen to make that trip, but it was business related.