Rise in gang activity upon the wealthy in CA

Nope, if something blows into the water or drifts off, the neighbors bring it back for you.

3 Likes

That’s pretty similar to how your car can break down out here and you don’t have to worry about getting robbed, raped or murdered by whoever pulls over to help. :thinking:

3 Likes

My main home on the other hand is quickly going from rural to suburban. Time to start thinking of moving.

2 Likes

On the plus side, you ought to turn a decent profit when you sell it. My area is pretty boony to most people, but by the time the kids are out of the house, I may (hopefully) be in the same boat.

This wasn’t supposed to happen, people are supposed to leave Ohio, not move here. There weren’t many new construction going up for the first ten years I lived here, took off like five years ago and is really heating up now.

1 Like

Lolololol

Now I know you’ve lost it.

You don’t have the weather, you don’t have the breath and depth of entertainment options, nobody wants to live in Missouri. It’s somewhere you end up.

You still have high crime… and stench…

My part of Ohio has great weather, the best summer weather, 80-85 and low humidity. I practically live outside from April to November. And the winters are mild. No complaints.

But you don’t have less crime than California in Missouri. You have significantly more:

https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/crime-rate-by-state

So why would you preemptively ■■■■ on other states?

2 Likes

In before

“Not where I live”
“We have liberal ■■■■ holes too”

There isn’t a state in the US that doesn’t have lots of cool stuff and lots of great people. I hope to visit all 50 of them. Never understood the casual, reflexive, often ignorant contempt people on this forum have for whole swaths of the country.

1 Like

In St. Louis.

That doesn’t equal the entire state.

Saint Louis is the key part of that crime figure.

Same. I want to visit all 50 states before I croak.

True, but that’s not where this discussion went. It was (as usual): California is a ■■■■■■■■■ By that logic, LA is not California, nor is San Francisco or any other city.

Otherwise, this is not about states or regions at all, but the usual crank about cities. Yes, it’s true: more crime will occur where there are larger concentrations of human beings. This is not an insight.

I’ve never been to Cali, but I would like to visit Yosemite national park. It looks drop dead gorgeous.

I think every state has at least one thing worth making the drive to see.

3 Likes

Did someone say ■■■■ hole?

Lake of the Ozarks:

Weren’t you just claiming the other day that it was the coastal liberals who were out of shape and didn’t eat right?

Gang activity is actually a growing problem in many parts of the US:

California ranked 6th. Missouri 24th.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/rankings/natural-environment/pollution

But I live amongst the beautiful people here in Caligulfornia

I just have to be armed

Murders per 100K:

MO - 9.8

CA - 4.6.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/murder-rate-by-state