Responses to the Rittenhouse verdict

Higher taxes over mean tweets. Right on!

4 Likes

I would argue Trump’s failings were more than mean tweets. But that’s a different thread. And higher taxes? Not really an issue for me. Rittenhouse? For those on this thread who don’t understand: it’s possible for the system to work perfectly well and render an unfavorable result.

So you want to abolish self defense or what?

1 Like

Huh? Don’t know what that is in response to.

What unfavorable result were you referring to? A kid getting off because he was defending his life is not an unfavorable result.

7 Likes

How are higher taxes not an issue for you?

What was “unfavorable” about the Rittenhouse verdict?

2 Likes

I am speaking generally. I have not stated whether I approve of the Rittenhouse verdict or not. Mostly because I was not in the room hearing testimony, lawyers and jury instructions. I am speaking about all jury outcomes. Ritttenhouse, Arbery. Zimmerman. If a jury is fairly selected and there are no procedural errors or judicial tampering, then I accept the verdict, like it or not.

Rittenhouse? I replied to Zantax the same question. Taxes? Higher taxes have been a multi-century issue. I’ve said this before: ideally, theoretically, I’m for a flat rate income tax. But no one since Forbes talks much about that.

If not, to which verdict do you refer?

You voted for higher taxes last November.

2 Likes

Kyle should have spent more time at the gun range over the years.

Didn’t do too bad, he got Huber in the heart with a hip shot from the ground, fired four in less than a second at Rosenscum and disabled the hand of drunk guy.

3 Likes

(I’m poking with a stick)

But more seriously:

2 Likes

Yes, in effect. But what options are we given in a two party system requiring millions upon millions from each candidate to even sign the form? Nobody gets everything they want in a candidate. Generally my approach is to vote for the least ■■■■■■-like.

And as for the Dems? I’m less concerned about their taxation policy than their spending. Absurd.[quote=“zantax, post:152, topic:240744, full:true”]

Didn’t do too bad, he got Huber in the heart with a hip shot from the ground, fired four in less than a second at Rosenscum and disabled the hand of drunk guy.
[/quote]

Wow. Kinda tough crowd today. A lefty like me says ‘unfavorable result’ and it’s assumed I mean KR’s verdict. Actually, not at all. I, unlike many here, trust our systems: justice, elections, intelligence (within reason). KR’s verdict, if jury selection was fair, no procedural errors or judicial tampering, stands. Simple.

Wow, you trust Us intel, wake up.

When a lefty like you is talking about the Rittenhouse trial and says “unfavorable results,” what conclusions do you expect people to make?

3 Likes

Yes, that’s a natural conclusion. It’s a lense. We all have them.

If I could read your mind I wouldn’t need lenses.

2 Likes

I try to be clear in my writing. Fail sometimes. But when I say something meant to be objective and detached (it was), I need to remember I’m on what is, for the most part, a partisan site, and should be extra careful.

1 Like

3 Likes

Shouldn’t have made a hero out of him.

3 Likes