Republican Leadership stands down while Biden participates in an invasion of U.S./Mexico border

Well, thank you for your “opinions”. I suspected you would eventually confirm, by your comments, that convening a state special purpose Grand Jury for the purpose stated, upsets you. The bottom line is any state can convene a special purpose grand jury and probe anything which adversely affects the general welfare of the state. And doing so, as related to the impact on a state due to criminal activities at our southern border, would most certainly bring attention to the Biden Administration and its involvement in such criminal activities.

JWK

I suspect that your opinion of my mood on the subject is more imagination from he who images that anything is plausible.

A civil lawsuit too brings attention. Probably why Desantis did it …. In part

I agree with you on one of the reasons for the DeSantis catch and release lawsuit.

Are you aware of the function of a “special purpose” Grand Jury?

JWK

Sure but just because the term special purpose grand jury exists doesn’t mean that your proposed series of events is possible. A special purpose just means it investigates one event instead of a series of events. I would argue if a grand jury could even be impaneled on the subject that it’s decision would vary little weight. There is no mechanism in the criminal law world in which a state grand jury regardless of purpose returns an indictment against federal officials for harboring or even state level human trafficking. It’s a fantasy.

But its investigation most certainly can unearth federal laws which may have been violated when investigating, e.g., drug and human trafficking and thus draw attention to alleged criminal acts engaged in by the Biden Administration

:roll_eyes:

What does a completely plausible indictment for human traffickers have to do with federal officials. Why the eye roll?

So just for attention purposes. A civil case can do That already. No need to indulge.

You are repeating yourself. LINK

You are the one who suggested a state could not indict for human trafficking. You were wrong.

Those engaged in the transportation of illegal entrants [those taxi and bus drivers, and hotel owners] are assisting the federal government in the criminal act of harboring. Why wouldn’t I want them prosecuted along with the feds who are assisting in an invasion of our border?

JWK

What will it take for American citizens and their families to realize their homeland is under attack?

I did not suggest that in the slightest. It was in the context of a federal official acting as a federal official. May be try following the exchange in which you are participating. It was even in the post to which you responded with that link.

Indeed I am. I wonder why.

There is the rub because the Feds under Democrat control are the quilty parties and they will never convict themselves under this Administration, so going after the little guy wouldn’t solve a thing and it would just increase the Dem Feds lust for authoritarian power.

The only hope is that Dems lose control of Congress in the 2022 election so Congress could enact laws against Fed immigration lawlessness and any private company or person that helps them. JMO

Of course, you suggested that. Your words were perfectly clear. In any event the important thing to know is simply because one is employed by the federal government, does not prevent one from being indicted by a State.

JWK

Why have a written constitution approved by the people if those who it is designed to limit and control are free to make it mean whatever they wish it to mean?

What the hell does marginal tax rates have to do with the Biden Administration’s desire to flood the nation with poverty?

Wow…

What has Biden done, or proposed to do, that would “flood the nation with poverty”?

Of course not. If they act as a private citizen sure.

If they act as a federal official good luck.

It’s a perfect way to derail the thread.

JWK

What will it take for American citizens and their families to realize their homeland is under attack?

A rabbit hole which is ripe for a State Grand Jury to mull over.

JWK