Republican discussed violent attacks and surveillance with rightwingers

This thread is going about how I expected.

And so while they aren’t, what should everybody else do, especially those who are very direct targets of the hate these groups spread?

I mean, I get the thought. Violence begets violence. Hate begets hate. But it’s much easier for those of us who aren’t in the crosshairs to sit back and condemn people who choose to strike back in a fight they did not ask for.

…or a conservative speaker on a college campus, a kid wearing a Maga hat, some lady holding a US flag…hell, they’re all “nazis” beat’em all.

1 Like

Interesting.

Without white supremacist and fascist groups there would be no need for other groups based around combating them.

1 Like

…except for violence from white nationalists. Whenever that comes up you go to their defense instead.

I don’t see anyone defending those things.

This is a VERY important post. Read it 10 times.

You can’t achieve white supremacy in the US through peaceful actions.

Yeah. That was really weird that progression.

Interestingly, I bet our grandfathers and great grandfathers and great great grandfathers said thousands of times that they wished that average Germans would have stood up and punched the nazis in the face early on. It would have saved tons of American lives.

1 Like

And when those groups peacefully confront the white nationalists and fascists, it’s fine. The issue arises when they confront non-white nationalists and non-fascists WITH violence, then excuse it under the guise of “punching nazis”…which has bean occuring for the past two years at least.

So, in retrospect, wouldn’t it simple be better to condemn ALL violence?

And again, there it is. You used this same ridiculous comparison last year in your defense of violence committed by Antifa, you still haven’t learned a thing.

I remember that. You used the same tired excuses to make white supremacists seem less deplorable than they are

And for the record I absolutely despise the methods Antifa uses (violence is not the answer) but agree with their cause of combatting systemic racism

That’s because I don’t believe some woman simply holding a US flag at some rally should be defined as a white nationalist for doing so and then subsequently assualted for it. If that is what you believe is my excuse for making white nationalists seem less deplorable, then we obviously have very different views of reality. Otherwise, your memory is faulty.

You also used the same excuse for the racists in Charlottesville chanting ‘Jews will not replace us’ and every other incident where white supremacy is talked about in a negative light.

3 Likes

No, I didn’t…you memory is faulty.

Yup…

Hey, don’t you dare stand up to those that preach hate and white supremacy. That’s hateful!!

White nationalists seem to love Donald Trump and his message of hate for some reason it reasonates with them.

Does it make all Donald supporters white nationalists? No, but personally I would be weary of associating myself with a message that attracts white nationalists

1 Like