Republican candidates agree to drop out based on poll. Religious question kills the deal

Wait, you agree with the idea “It takes a village”?

Who knew?

Where is the world do you live where kids have to go to a central place to trick or treat?
I know some communities offer those area in malls and such for safety and convenience.
But it liberal hell of Silicon Valley, we get tons of kids on Halloween, and this is on 3 different houses over the last 25 years.

Also, when I was a kid trick or treating, (40 years ago) we were advised to take our candy to get it x-rayed to see if anything foreign was put in the candy. And it was drilled into our heads to not eat any candy, til we got home, so parents could inspect it.

Are these the good old days you are pining for?

Someone earlier, maybe you, posted that his mother was killed because a doctor corruptly diluted his mother’s cancer treatment so that he’d make more money. The experience disillusioned him from his Faith. How ironic that I hear this today. I can’t say for sure that I wouldn’t walk in his shoes. I pray The Lord touches his heart again. I’m comforted though that Jesus said no one can take from Me what My Father has given Me.

Because you complain about agape not being prevalent but you promote and out in to power a person who is the antithesis of agape. By supporting him, you tacitly support his behavior and demeanor. You say it’s ok to have a leader that acts this way. And our constitutional republic is nothing like the dictatorship that was the Roman emperor. They did not have a choice about their secular leader. You actively put our leader in to power. Don’t hide behind some scripture that doesn’t in any way relate to our current scenario.

3 Likes

Maybe he doesn’t want to be discriminated against based on his religious beliefs and rather have the constituents base their support solely on issues he’ll be representing and not on irrelevant biases.

I have not, will not and don’t ever plan on letting the government be in charge of my personal generosity and love for my fellow man. Their administration costs…for one thing are wasteful, inefficient and sometimes corrupt. As the steward that earned a dollar, I use that same knowledge in how best to spend it to further The Lord’s Will.

Do you know how “under god” got into the pledge? You won’t like the answer.

Religious symbols in cemeteries don’t allow me to do anything.

Are you highlighting the “d” in reference to democrats? If so, why?

Your neighborhood sounds very different from my neighborhood.

Brahma.

How do I not believe in the 1st amendment?

I moved nothing. My original post said “It says a lot about the number of religious bigots among voters that’s for sure.”

Those are the exact same voters I was talking about subsequent votes, and don’t lecture me on cemetaries, I’ve been to Arlington and Sarasota and had to fight back tears at the changing of the guard at the tomb of the unknown soldier. In fact, don’t ■■■■■■■ lecture me about anything to do with patriotism or appreciation for the blessings we have here.

That I see religious bigotry on display has jack squat to do with my love for my country. I didn’t move ■■■■ and it was not a blanket post, ever.

It is odd that a candidate is less likely to be elected because he doesn’t believe in magic.

He’s talking about the people buried under the crosses who died fighting for our freedom, but you already knew that.

What does their religion have to do with it? Am I supposed to appreciate them more than the Jews, Muslims, Hindus, agnostics, etc. who also died fighting for our freedom?

Like 90% of our population believe in a God, around 75% of our population are Christians, and about 50% of our population believe the earth is around 6,000 to 10,000 years old, based on the Bible.

So, not really that odd.

No it doesn’t my friend but they gave their greatest gift for you to do so and they faced their death in part because of their love of Jesus Christ. That cross is their permanent declaration of that.

…cuz I applied it incorrectly and ya got me.:sunglasses:

You’re blessed.

There are many my friend who believe the United States is going in a direction they don’t believe in. The fact that a candidate is a Christian or not may very well be a valid criteria to earn their vote. That doesn’t make them a bigot because that this fact may be the deciding factor? It makes you intolerant to their beliefs and their right to one vote and it makes them a coward if they don’t stand up for what they believe in.