Reperations questions

Education would be a well reasoned thing to do

Oddly enough to end slavery in British empire, the government bough every single slave.

Nope.

I think some kind of proof of ancestry would be required. Not sure how that would work though. Obviously the ancestors of someone who immigrated to America from Sierra Leone in 1922 wouldn’t qualify.

Morally they are accountable. If a plantation owner inherits his slaves from his father, he is still guilty. We inherited slavery from Britian. But we are still guilty. As is Britain, and the slave owners father. But nobody owes anybody any money cuz they’re all dead.

Probably hard to implement.

Nope.

Money. Not everyone is built for college. Not everyone has access to college.

Education is good, but it doesn’t cover everyone. Also… it was just education that was denied to slaves. It was money and land.

But it happened long time ago isn’t an excuse

Tax credit would be the best solution.

Okay. So why does Britain who operated slaves in Virginia, South Carolina, Georgia etc. for over 200 years get let off the hook? Are they your favorite slave country?

Are you saying that only actual slaves were affected by slavery? Not their children or future generations?

1 Like

I love the left, just when you think any of the Democratic candidates will handily beat Trump in 2020 they start rolling out unpopular ideas like reparations and lax border security.

It’s like watching a slow motion train wreck and we’re not even in the primary debates when each candidate will try and one up the other to see who can be more “Woke”. :+1::rofl:

1 Like

Those people became Americans in 1776.

I would say the vast majority of black people in America, other than recent immigrants from Africa, have ancestors who were slaves.

Not our fault that Republicans would rather give rich people more money from the middle class but not to descendants of slaves.

Some did. Some fought and died for the crown. Some died long before the revolution. They are guilty as hell of operating slaves right here. You can spin the facts. They have blood on their hands and it happened here.

My great grandmother was a slave. 1865 wasn’t that long ago.

Mine fought in the 23rd Ohio volunteer infantry. How much do I owe you?

Jim Crow and segregation ended less then two generation ago.

and you act like black people have not be systematical oppressed by the government.

“Not everyone has access to college” - isn’t that what this is solving ? Anyway, I’m not really comfortable with just handing out cash to people because of what they look like, I’d imagine this would spark all kinds of racial resentment.