Reperations questions

1. What are they for? African Americans have the most civil rights, the most wealth and the highest standard of living of any black race in the world. Any person black or white has won the lottery by being born here.

2. How much does each individual get paid?

3. Do the privileged get paid? Michael Jordon, Oprah, The Obama’s, Samuel L. Jackson, Mad Maxine, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, LeBron, Jussie Smollett etc?

4. Who gets paid? Decedents of slaves or any back person even if they arrived yesterday? How do we find out who is qualified?

5. How will the funds be raised? A tax?

They are for the 200+ years of unpaid labor that Africans provided. It isn’t about what other countries did or didn’t do. It’s about the USA.

Don’t know. How do you calculate with inflation for over 200 years of unpaid slave work?

Yes, if they are descendants of slaves.

Descendants of slaves. DNA, Census, Family verification methods (I.e. slave papers)

I say cut the military budget to pay it. We are rich, we got this. Also…We just went into further debt to pay rich people more money. Why can’t we go into debt paying what is owed to slave descendants?

3 Likes

How do you pay a dead person?

You pay their descendants. Like I said in my previous response to you.

So innocent people pay non slaves for what guilty people did to dead slaves? Can you understand why a lot of people in the current generation do not believe that they owe anybody any money?

Wait what civil rights dont they have?

It would be interesting for families like the obamas. Barrys side was in kenya while moochelles side was being traded.

Blame your ancestors for not addressing reparations back in 1865. Not black peoples fault. We had no power.

Because there are tens of millions of people who have never oppressed a soul, who do not believe that they owe anybody anything.

I don’t owe rich people anything, yet they are getting to keep more of their money than I am.

Why is paying rich people more money ok… but asking the US government to pay descendants of slaves taboo?

2 Likes

My ancestors were not slave owners. And we think that one fought with the 23rd Ohio volunteer infantry.

Because one is by force and the other is a business agreement. I have no problem with Oprah being a gazilllionaire. She took her talents as far as they could go.

I was forced to accept that Trump wanted more of my money to go to the rich.

Then you are free to vote for someone else. Nobody gets reparations because they don’t like the president’s policies. But overall his policies have been a Godsend for minorities. The lowest minority unemployment in the history of America! :us:

1 Like

As are you if you don’t like a politician who adopts reparations as a policy position.

Also reparations have nothing to do with TODAY. Reparations are to “repair” the atrocities of slavery (free labor). It is money owed to slaves and their descendants.

So what about the countries who started it all?

Great Britain
France
Spain
Portugal
The Netherlands

Should they bear any of the responsibility? They were the primary human traffickers.

It wasn’t 200 years. It was closer to 80. Before our independence, the entire slave trade was controlled by the European powers.

Which one of those countries are responsible for slavery in the United States?

The first slave arrived in North America in 1619. The same group that signed the Declaration of Independence… supported slavery.

Where is our 40 acres and a mule?