Reperations questions

Don’t know yet, but we will figure it out :wink:

1 Like

Yeah but you’d have to prove it in each individual case if we are going to be fair.

Exactly my grandfather was born in 1899. My great grand father gave my dad confederate currency

Tax credit baby win win for everyone can use that money to go to college, etc.

Great point. While I agree America can’t be held responsible for slavery when we were a colony, once the Articles of Confederation were written after the Revolutionary War, America became responsible for it.

1 Like

That’s probably the best solution I’ve seen yet.

No. Not what I’m saying at all. I’m saying the current generation does not owe anybody any money. AND.

African Americans have the most civil rights, the most wealth and the highest standard of living of any black race in the world. Any person black or white has won the lottery by being born here.

The decedents of slaves are better off than non decedents of slaves because they are here. Where the rest of the world wants to be.

Yeah , it’s a possibility. But I’d still want proof ; nobody should get that benefit unless they were descendants of slaves.

Thats a damn lie

So slavery was … a good thing?

So a group of people did something to somebody.

1 Like

I mean physically. Even still, not everyone is built for college. Vocational school would need to be included.

“Anyway, I’m not really comfortable with freeing slaves because of what they look like, I’d imagine this would spark all kinds of racial resentment.”

You just used a classic argument used for justifying slavery and segregation.

Prove it.

I work with a group of west African immigrants and they all believe that they have died and gone to heaven. No place in the world they would rather be. And that’s the damned truth.

so they should be happy their families were uprooted from their homeland forced to work as slaver for 200 years, then spent another 100 + years being second class citizen, only to in the last 50 years ago to achieve equal rights.

No its not

Recent African immigrants should obviously be excluded. Other than them, I think the vast majority of African Americans have at least one ancestor who was a slave.

You are mad at the wrong people. Blame the white men who decided not to give reparations in 1865.

The “you’re lucky to be here” argument. We should thank the lord for slavery.

1 Like

Vocational school, fine

What on Earth… ? How is this in any way similar ? You free the slaves not because of “what they look like” but because they are in fact, you know… enslaved. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Half of all democrats oppose it how do you think independents and republicans will view it? Surely this will flip the rust belt blue again :shushing_face:

What if you are say 3 percent black with a slave ancestor but you are as white as Donald Trump? How much money do they get? This is important, because this could include me! :grinning: