Reperations questions

Slavery. Totally worth it. Am I right???

1 Like

All of them. They all brought slaves to the new world. Most of the Caribbean Islands were owned by these countries and were worked by slaves. Many of the slaves were sold at auction and sent to the mainland. The mainland was owned by Great Britain and was ruled by their monarch. The Mississippi Valley was owned by the French until1803 when Jefferson bought it. In 1808 the United States ended itā€™s slave trade. But slaves were still being imported by other countries.

All slavery in the United States was started by the countries that I mentioned. ALL OF IT.

So its not the US fault for slavery its other peoples faultā€¦lololol what in the entire depth of Hades

So in 1619 the first slaves arrived in Great Britain. Which is what we now call Virginia. So what responsibility do they have for their years of slaving?

Lol.

200 years or 90ā€¦ itā€™s a distinction without a difference.

200 years of slavery on OUR soil. I donā€™t care what name we gave our territory. The same people who signed the DofI were either slave owners or supported slavery.

1 Like

Its amazing how some are trying to rewrite history

You are factually incorrect. For 80 years or so slavery was legal in the U.S. For A much longer period when we were Britain, slaves were owned and traded by:

Great Britain
France
Spain
Portugal
The Netherlands

When the U.S. was founded, the slaves were already here. Who gets the blame for that?

The same people who signed the DofI and those that supported them.

The U.S government isnā€™t innocent, it took part in Slavery.

Weā€™re dancing around the issue. Letā€™s cut to the chase. Should the countries who brought slaves to the American mainland and worked them here for generations be held to account as well?

Yes or no?

I believe Iā€™ve seen someone suggest the reparations be given in form of community college credits

I really donā€™t hate that idea.

Im dumbfounded on how history is trying to be rewrittenā€¦ Next people are going to tell me the civil war was over states rights instead of slavery

Weā€™re dancing around the issue. Letā€™s cut to the chase. Should the countries who brought slaves to the American mainland and worked them here for generations be held to account as the U.S is?

Yes or no?

Yes why shouldnā€™t they? but why would the UK government pay the debt for U.S slavery.

Weā€™re dancing around the issue. Letā€™s cut to the chase. Should the countries who brought slaves to the American mainland and worked them here for generations be held to account as well?

Yes or no?

It may not be a bad idea. Question is can we legally just offer some benefits only to those of a certain skin color ? Wonā€™t the courts strike it down ?

tax credit is also been suggested.

Dude there is no dancingā€¦ Those countries had nothing to do with how slaves here treated by the USā€¦ You are trying to shift blameā€¦ Also note the US was the last to abolish slavery

To whom, though ? Would the applicant be required to prove their lineage as in being a descendant of an actual slave ?