Reperations questions

Did you notice that the French were the ones paying?

I agree we shouldn’t even have to pay folks to administer the program though. The French should be paying administrative costs as well.

1 Like

Ah, the old and tired “everyone who disagrees with this is racist” garbage. I love it when white liberals do that. :rofl:

1 Like

Jokes on you… Im not white… Please try again

So the French paid but we just gifted money for the hell of it… Got it

Much as the song I just posted said: our side may not be all that great but these raparations guys suck.

1 Like

That one, perhaps. The reparation joke is on you for thinking it should or ever will happen. :hugs:

It was Obama. He never met someone else’s money he couldn’t piss away. That’s been true from his days with the Chicago Annenburg Challenge till now.

1 Like

I already mentioned it was under obama… Again you didnt give a hoot that jewish people got that money

Are you a lib? Every time conservatives whine about their high taxes you should repeat this.

At least educate yourself on reparations and when our govermnent paid them out

Okay, let us look at the differences.

The slaves … are all dead

They died having never brought a suit to recover reparations.

These particular Jews apparently brought some case against France concerning their deportations while they were still alive. France ponied up loot under those circumstances.

You see, the heirs don’t have Standing to bring a suit on behalf of their dead forebears. Their forebears while still alive may have had Standing … but their kids don’t.

That is the same if they are of any description.

Moreover, there is the matter of ex post facto laws here … part and parcel of the claims made against France is that deportations were in some way not lawful under the laws of France when they happened. That those who suffered the wrong do in fact have a legal claim.

But as I said before, we are not in arrears to former slaves. Laws on employment practices that did not exist at the time are no basis for any “reparation”.

We know why it’s a problem for Black people to get paid…

1 Like

Did a mechanism exist for freed Slaves to sue the federal government?

Slavery was just an employment practice now?! Lol

Of course we all do. It’s just that some are gullible enough to think it’s because racism and stuff. lol

What other reason would it be? 1865 was 154 years ago… what is the reason why reparations haven’t been paid over several generations?

Reparations were already paid.

Indeed…multiple times over.

Those reasons were already discussed and ignored because ,“racists” and stuff, but I’ll speak on my own behalf in regards to the present time and reality we live in:

I don’t owe you or anyone else a dime for a tragedy that I had nothing to do with.

What do you mean “over several generations”?