Reperations questions

No they weren’t.

(I fully expect another short, none relevant reply)

The US government does… what happens with your money after the government has it is up to the representatives in power in Congress.

If you don’t want your tax money paying slave descendants then don’t vote for the person with that policy position.

Either way my proposal has nothing to do with your pockets… I want the fed to waive slave descendants federal taxes. Keep more of their money.

That’s your opinion, and hence why I find this so hilarious. What day of the week was it when the news told you to support reparations, anyway? Was is a Monday? lol

How?

Here is what I expect you to say…

Affirmative Action
You get Voting rights
You get to live in the USA

All of which are utterly ridiculous or aren’t direct payments to slave descendants (affirmative action covers white women, Asian men and women, etc)

Of course they were. Are you not familiar with The Bureau of Refugees, Freedmen, and Abandoned Lands? Look at black land ownership in Mississippi between 1865 and 1910 for example.

This is were you having nothing else to say…

Do I need the news to tell me that slavery (unpaid labor) should be repaid?

No, but your altruistic timing is highly suspect, huh? Total coincidence I’m sure. :wink:

Affirmative action helped more white women than anyone…

Interesting statement. I don’t think I doubt this, but it’s not like you showed any stats or proof.

You mean the program that was abandoned in 7 years that had no affect on the lives of ALL freed slaves?

Even before it was abandoned… the south implement the first iteration of Jim Crow. Which further weakened the reach of that org.

Did the descendants of holocaust victims or Japanese internment get payouts?

100% correct

Here you go champ

Thank you. I had to dig through links from links because this is just a regurgitated piece, but I did happen upon this from SFgate:

“At the same time, 10,500 more African Americans, 19,300 more Latinos, 24,600 more Asian Americans and 57,250 more white women were holding managerial jobs.”

Hell yeah, amirite? Keep up the good work, ladies!

You skipped right over the Tuskegee part of that link huh

Make up your own excuses for people to have a free ride. But since you said one person not paying taxes doesn’t cost another person anything, what do you care if I don’t have to pay taxes?

Under my proposal I would care… so long as you are a verified descendant of a slave.

Ok. Under my proposal I don’t have to pay taxes. Its easy to come up with some proposal.

The lie that reparations will ever be passed, they’re selling a lie to excite a portion of the base.

• Reparations : A July 2018 from the left-leaning Data for Progress found that 26 percent of Americans supported some kind of compensation or cash benefits for the descendants of slaves. A May 2016 Marist survey also found that 26 percent of Americans said the U.S. should pay reparations as “a way to make up for the harm caused by slavery and other forms of racial discrimination.”

Democrats need to run on this in 2020.