Remember it was supposed to only be TWO WEEEKS?

It appears that some governors now dont want the worst of both worlds and would like to finish the process Trump started. Seems like there is plenty of blame to go around at all levels.

1 Like

His very reasonable guidelines in fact do offer the direction that many states should remain shut down at this time.

As was pointed out, Trump is talking out of both sides of his mouth.

The guidelines he put in place are dictating that certain states/areas stay locked down…he hasn’t disavowed the guidelines, but is politically punishing those Democratic governors that are abiding by them. All to avoid any culpability whatsoever.

He is completely playing politics. He’s being neither scientific nor caring about people.

And his supporters enable that.

1 Like

i ll try once more

yes or no. here is the question. dont worry everyone will still think you at poster level - master

How does that affect you and why is it an exception to “things are looking pretty good”?

1 Like

I am not happy with Trumps response either. Or my governor Mike DeWine. I don’t care what letter is after their name. This draconian shut down should never have happened.

3 Likes

How?

“Politically punishing”.

bzzt wrong answer

everyone else is playing politics blaming him on the economy etc while they keep extending fir months

those arent his guidelines

I’ve answered your question twice, you however haven’t even attempted to answer mine. Why should Trump be blameless for the process he initiated?

Yes they are. Show where in his guidelines it says it should only be a short shutdown? You can’t

Two things that have been established is that a) no one with any credibility said definitively we would only be closed for 2 weeks. Anyone with any sort of critical thinking skills will know that you can not stop the spread of a virus in a defined 2 week period. b) It is not just democrat governors that closed their state and refuse to reopen it.

1 Like

So we weren’t really being told to stay at home to flatten the curve as opposed to until it’s spread stopped? Have to disagree.

3 Likes

Apart from this link where the White House said “15 days to slow the spread” can you provide any links to where the American public was told the shutdown would be for only 2 weeks?

https://www.whitehouse.gov/articles/15-days-slow-spread/

Flattening the curve was never going to be accomplished within 2 weeks

I can you show you as many as you like saying it was to flatten the curve and avoid overwhelming hospitals as opposed to until it stopped spreading.

3 Likes

Yes, but how?

What are you chuntering on about? Stop playing word games, flattening the curve and stopping the spread of the virus ate pretty much the same thing. The shutdown was not to 100% stop the sprea but mitigate infection. We are now cautiously reopening.

What are you on about. Where did I say its was not about flattening the curve???

No. It isn’t absolute, but he is generally correct. If you wan’t to hang your hat on its not being absolute blue/red go ahead. Generally, red states are opening and blue states are staying closed.
The real question should be “why”?

1 Like