Remember it was supposed to only be TWO WEEEKS?

Also to add not even the CDC’s guidelines say 2 weeks.

48 states are in various levels of Phase I re-opening.

Wrong.

1 Like

You don’t see a trend by blue/red hear? Of course there is. The honest question is “why”, not if.

you gave an answer, but you didnt answer my question. and you wont because it kills your babified political narrative

1 Like

I’m guessing it’s because the bulk of the economic damage has been done and they’re carefully calculating a phased reopening to avoid having the worst of both worlds.

really?

got any proof anyone knew that?

1 Like

No you just didn’t like the answer because it didn’t adhere to your talking point. How about attempting to answer mine?

Yes. From the CDC’s website

when you answer mine, i ll consider yours

I did, you just didn’t like the answer because it didn’t conform to.your narrative

:thinking:
:rofl:

What the ■■■■ is happening in this thread???

Flattening the curve was not going to be achieved over night.

No one (apart from the White House) said we could stop the virus in two weeks.

We are now cautiously reopening. Some states are faster, some may be more rash and some may be too cautious. Each governor makes their own decision and they will be judged by the electorate on that decision.

I suspect many people are seeing that the predicted deaths did not occur and for some reason refusing to give credit to the shutdown for that.

However we are now at over 90,000 deaths since February. Thats a crazy high death toll in just nearly 4 months.

yes.
So first -Glad we agree that the posters who posted that information was wrong either from lying or being lazy (So easily disproven).

So sure -Prob cause Red State governors were likely to think the virus was not real, was more likely to ignore numbers and facts, more likely to fall for the multiple lies told by the administration that it would be gone soon.

Those in blue states were much more likely to look at facts and not push their state to open to soon until the metrics have gone down (Which they now have, as a result, 48 out of 50 states are in the process of reopening).

So if your argument is that generally - blue state had leaders and citizens that were more likely to use actual facts and metrics to dictate their response -I 100% agree with you.

2 Likes

So just ignore the differences in the number of cases that were extent between say New York and Montana right?

1 Like

I thought you wanted a broad brush reason of why more blue states locked down for longer then most red states.
Now you are back to exact state vs state?

I can’t keep up. You want to talk details (and accept that the OP was wrong on the details and that the guy who said 26 red states reopeing and 24 blue states are not) were both very wrong?
Or do you want to talk broad brush generalities?
I can discuss either. But confused which one the board is trying to discuss

BTW, can’t believe I actually have to point this out, but Both NY and Montana are Dem Govonors.

Irrelevant to the larger point, by and large red states being more rural haven’t been hit as hard as more urban mostly democratically controlled ones.

And am I supposed to memorize the party affiliation of every states governor? Sorry, can’t be bothered.

Giving them guidelines, then calling them authoritarians for abiding by them, and stirring up his supporters to rabble rouse. :slight_smile:

Have to agree, even blue states are starting to open up without meeting his administrations guidelines. So how are they the ones to blame for restrictive closures? He’s trying to have his cake and eat it too.

you play the games over and over

i ask a yes/no question. you blab a couple paragraphs avoiding the question, i ask again and the reply is “i already answered”

well, no you didnt, because it was a yes/no question.

this forum is flooded with this nonsense

1 Like