Religion under attack?

Power to do what?

Just Christianity.

Name one.

I’ll agree with that somewhat. It is much easier for the left to go after Christianity in particular as opposed to other religions, primarily because a) political correctness provides a certain buffer for other faiths, and b) Christianity has dominated the American landscape for so long that it is naturally the easiest target.

Fair assessment.

I’d like to address this here, if you don’t mind. If you do, let me know and I’ll delete it.

Maybe not attacking would be a better option. Why should I “get past it” if I’m attacked?

And it is attacking. Intent vs. Impact. You (collective) lost your benefit of the doubt privileges long ago.

Tangential.

I will say the easiest way to defuse an attack is not adopt the victim’s mantle if it happens, do not return in kind, and remain on topic.

Or, you know, attack in kind because OT rules of engagement and pride and all. And then expect the topic to derail and the mods to plow the thread under and sow it with quicklime. :wink:

1 Like

So submit. Imagine that.

I’m not talking about just this forum.

Where do you get submission from any of that? Not responding to a troll or a childish insult is submitting? That’s Trump thinking.

Maybe not let someone else dictate your behavior to you.

2 Likes

Have a nice evening.

Emphasis mine.

Right on :wink:

Wrong.

No faith at all.

There you go again.

Inane questions, to muddy up the thread.

Complex cleverness is quite elusive.

Keep trying.

1 Like

I don’t think Christians are being persecuted in the U.S. by the government. They are certain groups like the ACLU for instance that I could see Christians having a problem with or feel targeted by.

Religious faith is largely faith in the words of men. The Bible was written by men. It’s chapters were selected by men. It’s words were translated by men. Every Sunday, Christians go to church to hear men speak.

People on the left can be just as distrustful of government as people on the right. The Left wants a better government…that doesn’t equate to having faith in government.

Like everything else in NYC, it has been demolished to build a high rise condo.

I love it when people tell me how and what to think

Thanks for contributing.