Religion under attack?

This came up in the “Hating America” thread and it’s worthy of its own thread. Can you explain to me how your particular faith has been attacked or your ability to worship as you please (as an individual, family, or collective) been compromised by secularism or government interference? If you feel the government is hostile towards religion, is all religion under assault or primarily Christianity? Personal anecdotes and experiences welcome. I’m asking because so far as I can see, there is currently nothing stopping me from converting to any faith, joining a religious community, or otherwise practicing a chosen spirituality provided I do not encroach on the rights of others.

I can’t guarantee you won’t get pushback from other members, but for myself I’m simply curious to hear your stories/opinions of how and where the religious are under attack in America.

3 Likes

I guess they feel they cant deny gay people cakes and if you cant do that are you really free?

The problem is when you take everything as a slight against you there isnt anything that isnt an attack against you

Excellent example.

Yeah…the persecution angle tou guys always trot out is stupid and boring…

Largest group in America and they are victims…

Only here.

Whats really stupid and boring is the entitlement attitude you guys have where you think that everyone should think and do as you believe. Further, you think you are so much smarter than others and you want to be able to dictate how people live.

Stupid and boring is really a great choice of words. They are my sentiments exactly.

White male Christians are not the “largest group in America”.

Playing the gay victim card?

Being a member of a majority group does not preclude being a victim of anything.

2 Likes

If everyone thought that everyone should just let everyone be and equal rights America would be a wonderful place.

So yeah people should think like me. I dont hide some fake ■■■■■■■■ like others

1 Like

Well when you narrow it down like that sure…if you are gonna parse you can go talk to your parsing buddies.

1 Like

Did I say that? You want to address what I said or make ■■■■ up?

A guy refusing to provide a cake is an example of “EQUAL RIGHTS”! The customer has the “Right” to take his business elsewhere. The seller has the “Right” to provide his service elsewhere. So they are both “Equal” They are not equal if the purchaser has “Rights” to demand service and the provider does not have any rights to decline them.

1 Like

Still looking for specific examples of how anyone as an individual has been persecuted or come under attack by the government for their religious beliefs.

Please and thank you.

1 Like

He sells to the public he has to treat everyone the same. That’s end of story…

The baker…

Elaine Huguenin

City noise codes…Church bells.

Attempted banning of crosses…

Where? In churches? Homes? Private property?