Question to all Bernie's supporters

Yet it only seems to be a concern when republicans do it.

1 Like

Maybe they’re a victim of their own success? :wink:

What is paying back one’s debt to society if they are never allowed to participate in society ever again?

1 Like

Only they are allowed to gerrymandered, repugs need not apply.

It’s like laws. Only they are allowed to ignore em while repugs need not apply. :wink:

It’s been getting better. It’s a slow process though LOL. Republicans lose a court battle over gerrymandering, they ignore court rulings and fail to fix it, it goes to a higher court, they get smacked down again and make a sleazy attempt to fix it a little bit, get sued and lose again and finally to present day, it is starting to get fixed. It’s an amazing state. They literally and blatantly ignore court rulings on a regular basis.

But of course, even as you are incarcerated, you are still a citizen.

which is Bernie’s point.

Also, prison gerrymandering is a real thing - inmates get counted as residing citizens - because that is what they are - and give counties more representation, and resources. But they don’t get to vote.

I can’t help but wonder if I’m for people’s right being restored because of my bias, but as I stand, I just don’t agree with punishing someone for life over something not bad enough to imprison them for life. :thinking:

I think most people believe in redemption.

1 Like

Some debts can never be repaid and some rights are lost permanently. Felons convicted of committing a violent crime with a gun are a good example. They lose their second amendment rights. Convicted pedophiles is another. You want to just release them into society with no restrictions?

Not all are beyond help, but most are. While I agree it might be better to just keep them in prison, the law does not allow for that. Change the law? Yeah right, on what planet is that realistically going to happen…

We are stuck with the fact that they will be released from prison and will not often be “rehabilitated “. It is necessary that there are tools to deal with that.

And this, folks, is how fascism actually starts. Introspection is the Message.

I understand what you’re saying but I’m wondering why just the 2nd Amendment rights?

What about 1st? Or their 4th?

Should wardens need a search warrant for them to search a prisoner cell?

Or are libs gong to justify their hypocrisy…inquiring minds want to know.

That’s ■■■■■■■ hilarious.

Of course. :slight_smile:

Some pedophiles are not allowed to use the internet. It’s not just second amendment. It seems impossible to keep someone off the internet, so I can’t say how that’s enforced but there it is. But murder is the crime that causes hurt to society more than just about any other save for rape, which is also a violent crime.

What of the things I mentioned is untrue?

Every single thing you said was nothing more than your own personal opinion, but I’m not surprised if you think your opinion is the truth either. You go on with your bad self. lol

So you want to pick which rights they’re allowed to have back, and how they’re allowed to use them…is that what you’re telling me?

No way, picking and choosing like that would be fascist in nature. :wink:

1 Like

Indeed…and they wonder why I call em libs. They’re little authoritarians hiding behind the label of liberalism.

All real liberals should be demanding that they stop using their label to promote their authority.

1 Like