Privilege Bingo: Virginia school labeling military kids 'privileged'

diangelo

No, learning about those relics of the past is meant to elicit an empathetic emotional response for the victims and expose the flawed rationalizations of the individuals and movements who actually carried out these historical practices. The purpose being to ensure these practices stay in the dust bin of history. No person who didn’t take part in them should feel any guilt or animus because of them. Those who would today attempt to use past tragedy to instill guilt or animus for political objectives are cut from the same cloth as those who actually perpetrated these evils from history.

4 Likes

This.

Anytime some here talks about “black crime” I have no feelings of guilt. Why? Because I am not a ■■■■■■■ criminal. I don’t identify with a ■■■■■■■ criminal. :rofl:

Even the insinuation that because I am black, I am assumed to be a criminal, doesn’t make me feel any “black guilt”.

That’s a feeling one gets when they know they have perpetuated the “bad deed” they are hearing or learning about. It requires a bit of self reflection that the conservative power structure does not want them to have.

2 Likes

It can also elicit guilt, right?

There is that emotional discomfort to the programming rearing its ugly head. And the programmed retort meant to make the pain stop.

1 Like

And Rockin’ Robin smiles. She’s white by the way.

In the properly prepared. Probably some of that famous “they look like me (not me, I’m not white).”

The very concept of “privilege” is preparation for feelings of guilt.

The word “privilege” was not chosen at random.

2 Likes

No, but deceitful authority figures often try to suggest that people learning about these past events are also guilty of them, or still a victim of them. Hence the “privilege” argument in critical theory.

1 Like

And you don’t have a sense of guilt for voting for people who enable criminals to rob, rape, beat, steal from, and kill people?

3 Likes

Even worse, perpetuating some form of them to this day.

3 Likes

Having privilege does not mean you are responsible for Jim Crow or slavery.

Does it mean those with privilege have it as a result of Jim Crow or slavery and are trying to protect their privilege with continuing institutional racism today?

1 Like

White privilege… sure. I mean this country was built on it.

This is where I disagree. Majority of white people aren’t trying to protect their privilege. And they definitely aren’t trying to protect their privilege through institutional racism. Most just simply don’t care. It’s unconscious.

Now there is a growing number of Trump supporters who I do believe are reacting to rhetoric around them being “replaced” by “others”. I do believe their reaction is to protect their place in society

2 Likes

Thank you.

Straight up DiAngelo. But charitable.

Of course you do, that’s what you were indoctrinated to believe. Do you not realize that your nation’s “special status” is also being replaced by “others”? Probably already has.

You’re© running out of time. The panic is valid.

AA is next.

2 Likes

Programing?

The bad race stuff happened. Still happens.

1 Like

How is a military kid privileged? I’m dying to hear this.

1 Like

This country? You mean the country that can’t hold back the horde of “brown people” trying to get in?

Because dad always had a job. Well…

• until Dad’s PTSD caused him to be unable to keep his job.
  • until the long separations of mom and dad caused a divorce and then “dad” wasn’t around any more.
  • until he got blown up.

Sure… privilege!

No one says it didn’t happen. The false assertion of denial is also a tactic of critical theory. Another tactic is the assertion that isolated incidents by individuals indicates a systemic issue.