Privilege Bingo: Virginia school labeling military kids 'privileged'

I think we’re done here.

3 Likes

Words not saxon must be pinko.

Zombie grievances never die. Way back when, as some of the New Lefties went Droite Nouveau or neocon, they imported a bad read of Trotsky into the weave of now two generations’ sense of life, this time as a lethal farce: the permanent revolution, but as regression to the nihil.

3 Likes

Please explain ‘racial guilt’.

I have everything from Shariati to Fanon to hooks, and I cannot find the ‘make whitey feel bad’ doctrine.

Not your words, Marcuse, Bell, Crenshaw, Delgado, DiAngelo, etc.

Again, well done.

2 Likes

Oh no I got a bingo. Lol. Native English speaker. White. Free space. Able-bodied. Male.

I and millions of other bingo players.

Allan

James Baldwin, 1965. Judith Katz, 1978. Of course Malcolm.

Judith of course is a crit. Doctorate in education.

1 Like

That’s not an explanation.

It is source material for you to do your own research. Of course we both know the question wasn’t honest.

So is learning about the Holocaust. Or slavery. Or (insert any human rights tragedy)

So the ■■■■ what?

1 Like

Done done

1 Like

You might suppose that. Wrong, but freely so.

I’m curious where E finds ‘whites should feel guilty’ in the works of people exploring slavery, Jim Crow, redlining and white supremacy.

Of course you don’t understand.

You are actually quite aware that the first assumption, in any privilege assertion in critical theory, is that those identified as the recipient of the “privilege” are oppressors and unworthy of the perceived benefits of the “privilege.” Privilege Bingo is nothing more that a “privilege” assessment worksheet, disguised as a school lesson, meant to make the individual taking the assessment aware of their receipt, or lack of receipt, of this undeserved “privilege,” and thus their status as either an oppressor, or oppressed. So you have authority figures telling children that they are either oppressors, or oppressed, with an exercise predetermined to prove the assertion. Being an oppressor, or the recipient of oppression clearly carries negative associations. The entire purpose of the exercise is to convey to the children which group they are in and serve as unquestioned proof of their status as either oppressor or oppressed.

The child accused by the results of the assessment of being an oppressor will naturally feel emotional discomfort (undeserved guilt) and most likely be open to suggestions of attitudes, and actions, the child can adopt to no longer be an oppressor. The entire purpose is to instill emotional discomfort as a instrument of ingraining attitudes and behaviors, and to feel the same emotional discomfort when opposition to the ingrained attitudes is encountered.

There is an equally sinister objective for the child identified as oppressed, with a goal of triggering emotional discomfort, but to instill animus rather than guilt. And again, the purpose of the emotional discomfort is to make the child open to adoption of attitudes and actions to no longer feel oppressed, and to immediately feel the same emotional discomfort, and animus, when encountering opposition to those suggested attitudes.

5 Likes

No. Just no.

The ‘first assumption’ is not de-valorization which requires, no - demands - a feeling of self-disconsolation.

I think all you’re showing is that perhaps you and others who share your grievance do feel unworthy, all on your own, in a world where the English colonial racial construct does not and cannot hold.

No, I’m not.

I gave you where.

“Exploring” :rofl:

I accept that you’re opting out.

There we go! That’s some high-quality crittin’™ right there!

2 Likes

Unless I consider this surgically screwed up, cancer ridden body with slugs in my lung and back to be “able bodied” I can’t call BINGO. Checked all lines up down and across and there’s at least one thing that ruins my BINGO.

Yeah, super critical to observe that American conservatism is identitarian, and deeply insecure, so its faithful resort to projection.

2 Likes

Ah yes, the Military Brat’s privilege of not getting to have friends for more than 2 years at a time. New houses and schools on a regular basis. No roots to anchor them down. :rofl:

5 Likes