President and Michelle Obama enter into deal with Netflix for movies, TV shows

I guess the development deal is the new book deal. Every year, many talented writers have their material rejected by publishers who have opted to funnel a large percentage of their acquisition budget on some celebrity who decided that he or she wants to be an “author.”

I don’t know of anything in the background, education or skill set of either Barack or Michelle Obama that suggests they have the ability to discover, select or produce entertainment. For the past several months, we have been talking about dropping Netflix - there are only one or two original series they produce that we’ve watched, and their film lineup, acquisitions and original content, have been rather lackluster, IMHO. This may be our tipping point.

I’m thinking Netflix will ably replace the 0.19% of neckbeards that cancel over something they haven’t seen yet.

1 Like

Hell, he convinced me to get a reverse mortgage and I don’t even own a house.

That series starts with black and white film footage from about 1975. Has both friendly and unfriendly people interviewed in connection with the …documentary would be a better word.

Some would find it interesting and some not at all. I found it interesting that the person managing the Trump Tower construction was a woman at a time when women weren’t into that sort of thing much.

Some of his negotiating style hasn’t changed from back then.

they won’t care.

a bunch of liberal ninnies have been boycotting a media outlet that I do work with… no one cares.

Hell, he convinced me to get a reverse mortgage and I don’t even own a house.
[/quote]

:joy::laughing:

That’s one of the things I really like about you and Blackwolf. You both have a great sense of humor. That was really funny.

1 Like

no… he’s a member of the NRA.

It’s funny how Sirius/XM and DirecTV have political stations I’d never agree with or would ever turn the channel to see or hear, but that hasn’t stopped me from using either one. It’s funny to see you cons threatening to leave Netflix over this. But I guess if you guys want to create your own isolationist universe, be my guest.

I will have to check it out. I like watching documentaries that have more than one point of view. But I’d never watch something like Al Gore’s garbage.

I knew there had to be at least one other reason besides his good looks that has made me like Tom Selleck all through the years. :laughing:

1 Like

[quote=“Joanne, post:23, topic:1015, full:true”]

To be fair, if this deal was with George and Laura Bush instead, some on the left would be doing the same. [/quote]

No, I don’t think we’d be as petty. Personally, I wouldn’t care. I don’t see why anyone should get all outraged over the Obama deal either.

Well, the other day, TCM showed and I DVR’d the 1939 film “Confessions of a Nazi Spy” with Edward G. Robinson and George Sanders. I could swear some of the Nazi sympathizer speeches in that thing reminded me of Trump. (Pasting the trailer below.)

Good to hear.

Like that show, but my wife loves it. :slight_smile:

I highly doubt it. I sure as hell wouldn’t be “doing the same”

Amazon Prime has the entire Monk series which I recently finished binge watching, something I never do. Amazon had the entire series available for $38, which was a steal. I’m not into the bloody cop shows. I love stuff that Monk and, believe it or not, Dragnet and Adam 12.

Been waiting for the announcement of Obama’s memoirs. I think that’s supposed to happen this summer. Can’t wait for that to come out.

My wife loves the Monk series. I hadn’t watched NCIS until early this year and now have watched it and started over watching it.

I liked Dragnet and Adam 12 as well but they are no longer on netflix.

lol a couple of attention whores making more money off of being attention whores. Good for them. :slight_smile:

The early Dragnets (the black and white ones) are in public domain and you can get DVDs of them cheap. I think some of the color ones are on YouTube besides being on DVD.

I agree about Gore.

Yeah I should buy them. I have bought some series dvds. Some of the 50’s Gunsmokes. I have the Rockford files, Coach, Bonanza.

My wife has all the Pride and Prejudices, Polldark, Sense and Sensibility, that sort of thing.