President and Michelle Obama enter into deal with Netflix for movies, TV shows

I can already hear the yawn from the person who has to take his indignant call. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Michelle was on NCIS once.

But what does that have to do with you cancelling your account over this?

To be fair, if this deal was with George and Laura Bush instead, some on the left would be doing the same.

I just decided some time ago if I boycotted every channel or streaming service that had content I objected to I’d only be watching TCM and Hallmark.

And I honestly don’t know that I will avoid everything the Obamas put out. I’m guessing it will be largely red meat left wing stuff like climate change documentaries and such, but if anything is content meant to appeal to a wider audience I might give it a try.

I had to boycott Hallmark when I found out their Movies&Mysteries channel was running all those Murder She Wrote ripoff shows. #Lansbury4ever!

1 Like

You honestly think Netflix is going to cancel the project just because a bunch of thin skinned political partisans threaten to bail?

LOL. Yeah, Murder she Baked, Garage Sale Mystery, Wedding Planner Mystery, Aurora Teagarden, etc. Supposedly at least some of them are based on books.

Who needs the police when amateur sleuths like Hannah, Jennifer, Aurroa and so on are much better at solving crimes?

You still don’t get it, do you? What one person do all those murders have in common? Hm? Could it be Jessica Fletcher? Hm? You got played by a serial mass murderer. Jessica makes Dexter look like an amateur.

1 Like

Netflix has over 94 million subscribers.

Even if 900,000 people quit because of this that’s less than 1%.

Go ahead and quit.

Some netflix programming i consider good and some not so much but that is pretty much a matter of opinions. A brother in law of mine used to say that was why they made more than 1 flavor of ice cream.

I like shows such as Blue Bloods and NCIS. Others probably hate those. My wife likes some of the British shows. Others would disagree totally I am sure.

:grinning:

Haven’t found much interesting lately to watch on netflix. Now you also need hulu and a couple others.

This just tips the scale to . . . sorry your gone. They always ask why you are canceling. And I’ll tell them the deciding factor.

There’s this whole genre of mysteries combined with things like cooking and such. I see them at the library and they all have pretty covers with flowers and teacups and pretty houses and such. Seems weird to me.

Heh, I figured that out when I was like 12.

I have about as much interest in Obama progamming as you would the current netflix series Trump…an American Dream…fair enough?:grin:

And your post will be dismissed as partisan and thus not really related to their service.

Blue Bloods is an excellent program. But you are right… something one person loves another may hate, which is why we have a billion choices now with cable and streaming services.

What bothers me far more than TV series, movies or documentaries having a left wing slant is when private companies start getting political and involved in boycotts. Two recent examples were some companies announcing they would no longer accept discounts for NRA members, which many people prior to the announcements didn’t even know they offered, and companies boycotting Ingraham’s program, etc.

Producers and actors making content with an obvious bias is one thing, but companies should have the common sense to stay out of politics.

My mom’s a big fan, of both the books and the shows. We’re family, so I overlook it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I haven’t watched that series yet. There also is a documentary on election night 2016 which apparently shows reactions from all sides of the political spectrum, so will have to check that one out.

Agreed, wait, that’s three of us. Could Tom Selleck heal the countries partisan divide?

He might make a great POTUS. Hey, after President Trump (which even more than a year later I still find weird to type) anything is possible. :grinning: