Postage requirement for mail-in ballots not a poll tax, federal judge rules

Christlike? Christ gave instruction to people, not governments. And if you are now bringing in Christian beliefs, I will add that the government won’t be standing in for you© on judgement day. The government’s only role here is clearly spelled out in the establishment clause.

I remember Jesus ridiculing those praying out loud in the market places so that everyone would consider them to be righteous…and that…was their reward. Think about that.

1 Like

No I’m not, and not it isn’t.

Good lord, please, follow the discussion.

Here is where you said that such a person has a greater need to vote. Your quote.

Yup and I asked how it was a burden compared to previous voting and you won’t address that.

So you’re adding presumption to pretense from earlier.

Jesus didn’t demand people justify their poverty before He offered them help.

1 Like

Makes sense. In Michigan, your mail in ballot is $.70 if you want to vote by mail. My county has already stated, though, that they will be reimbursing cities so everyone can vote for free.

Yeah, I feel like Jesus may react the same to modern day pharisees…those who wear their religion around in public, but behind closed doors, or say, in the safety of an anonymous internet forum, reveal what they really think about the poor among us-that they’re burdens.

1 Like

Because it’s a rabbit chase. It just goes “what if” and “what about” and useless conjects on WHY they got to that place to begin with, instead of considering that not everyone in life has the luxury of being able to do things the ‘easy way.’

Let me again make this simple…in Ceasar’s world…it’s about economic survival and placing those in positions of power to create the environment allowing you the opportunity to financially prosper. If…you aren’t financially prospering…and it’s so bad…you can’t even afford a stamp, your opinion is useless.

Now…out here in the world, I love to help everyone and I also attempt to be a good steward, recognizing where those resources should be placed, in doing The Lord’s work of love.

Their opinion isnt useless. You just don’t agree with their opinion so it’s useless to you.

1 Like

No it’s not a “what if”. How did they vote before? How did they get to the polling location? What was the cost? Was it a tax or a fee for service.

Gonna have to go dig around the part of the Bible that suggests this.

Can someone help me with the chapter/verse that contained Jesus’ Sermon on the Elephant? I think it’s sometimes referred to as the “GOPattitudes.”

Circumstances never change, right?

That’s why it’s a rabbit chase. It’s just a knee-jerk attempt to blame and justify.

You see…you aren’t even comprehending The Lord’s Word. You want to mix Ceasar’s world with His and He…without any question about it…told you not to.

I mean, if one chooses to worship Caesar/mammon over The Word and Jesus, have at it.

You’ve added more words- you’ve still kept the same flawed central assumption.

You can attempt to pride yourself in fake virtue but that does not dispell The Lord’s Word regarding our subject.

The only assumption I have made is that a poster here claimed that the poorest among us had a greater need to vote than the rest of us. And that assumption is easily verified as true.

No you made the assumption that a person’s choices occur in a vacuum.

You’ve made another assumption too but we can deal with that separately.