Postage requirement for mail-in ballots not a poll tax, federal judge rules

What part of “There are alot of factors that determine a person’s state and condition. But the one with the most influence is that person’s behavior and choices.” suggests that i assume decisions occur in a vacuum?

Libs pretending to lecture us about Jesus.

Talk about pretentious.

1 Like

What next? Claiming that the requirement of a black ink pen to fill in the dots is also a burden?

2 Likes

He didn’t suggest that.

And there you are complaining that people are inserting “suggestions” into your posts that you claim you did not say.

Physician, heal thyself!!

1 Like

You have separated out “person’s behavior and choices” as an independent category…as if the other categories do not influence it.

This is a false assumption. The other categories influence personal choices and decisions…oftentimes dramatically.

Your error is to separate these out as if they are independent variables.

No . Whats next is the lib intelligentsia saying it is a burden for these people to even represent themselves so THEY… the liberal intelligentsia and elite… will vote FOR them.

If someone is so poor that they literally can’t afford a stamp, how did they get a ballot in the first place? What address was the ballot mailed to? If someone was living in a house or apartment and received a ballot to mail back, and then in such a short time found themselves so broke they couldn’t afford a stamp, I’m guessing they have bigger problems than buying a stamp to mail a ballot. But, if they truly are so patriotic that mailing in that ballot is more important than any other financial concerns they must have, and if they have no family or friends generous enough to give them a stamp, well, I guess it’s just one less vote for Biden.

Darn! I so want him to win too…

Not sure if I agree with this ruling. No postage stamp is required when I mail in back my ballot.

I pride myself in very little. I simply don’t see those less fortunate than me as a burden on society. They have as much skin in “the game” as I do.

He had the opportunity to erase poverty from the face of the planet…but didn’t. Why?

I wouldn’t ask you to help me appraise a car either…why is that? When you answer that, you’ve also answered our discussion. That said, I do not turn ANYONE away, that crosses my path…and needs help.

A poll tax would also require payment no matter how you voted, I think.

If you vote in person, there is no postage to be paid.

1 Like

Good personal sho…I mean contribution!

Err…

The opinions of those least fortunate among us-who may not be able to afford a stamp-are a burden.

it’s right there.

Again, great contribution to the discussion!

Not that it matters, but there is no one in this country who cannot afford a stamp.

What does this have to do with what I said? Nothing. Just more personal claptrap.

But you do consider their opinions to be burdens that have no value to the US… You said it right here:

Opinion noted.

What does it have to do with it? If I adhered to it, it’d be a burden because I would most likely…lose money…which defies the goal. The same logic applies to our political discussion.

Personal claptrap?

It is not an opinion, it is a statement of fact. It is there for the asking. Or picking up.

You can purchase them at any Wells Fargo ATM or Safeway check-out hereabouts.