Postage requirement for mail-in ballots not a poll tax, federal judge rules

We can play the “what if” or “whatabout” game all day, and it will be just as pretentious and insulting as it was before to suggest that the votes of the poorest among us are a burden.

I never suggested it was a burdon. Just asking how much (comparted to 55 cents) they paid before. Either for gas, for bus fair, or other such ways of getting to the polling location or mail for a ballot.

Legit question.

Was the getting to a polling location for decades a burdon?

The discussion you’re trying to now participate in is a result of someone saying the opinions of the poor are a burden.

E, not O.

It’s not a legit question. It’s just a rabbit chase down a hole.

1 Like

Render to Ceasar those things that are Ceasar’s and to The Lord, those things that are The Lord’s. When someone’s POV is not conducive to their own well being relating to Ceasar’s world, be smart enough to shut up. Outside of that, here in the real world…quietly…I’ve got your back and I’ll let all those who’ve crossed my path witness for me…while I shut up. :sunglasses:

If you feel there should no money required whatsoever to exercise your first amendment rights, do you feel the same way about the 2nd?

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hilarious to see this trotted out, when Jesus teachings about the poor are VERY clear.

You don’t get to decide that for anyone but you.

It’s pretentious and unChristlike to suggest that the opinions/votes of those less fortunate are a burden. Period.

No I’m in a thread where the courts said a 55 cent stamp for services is NOT a poll tax. Just like they would rule that the federa gas tax on a gallon of gas to drive to the polling location is NOT a tax. Just like they would rule that paying fare for a bus (a service) to get to a polling location is NOT a tax.

None of the others were a burden, so a 55 cent stamp (or 2) or walking or taking a bus, or driving to the county recorder isn’t a burden either.

That’s right…and generosity is using your own resources, not the resources of those, not your own. You grasping this concept is very important to our present exchange.

Neither suggested, nor implied, nor even directly stated that I feel that way. What a strange question to ask.

No it’s not. It’s based on their history and if up and till the point of voting…you can’t afford a stamp, you have shown that your methodology being applied in Ceasar’s world…isn’t working.

It relates to the ability of the voter to make good decisions.

Now before you go with a typical “so you are saying that the poor do not deserve to vote” strawman, I will point out that I am simply refuting your point that such people have a greater need to vote. I maintain the need for them to vote is no more and no less than anyone else’s. WE - WE - have a need for all people, including those who make better decisions, to vote.

You’re throwing a ■■■■ fit over a postage stamp. Of course that’s the implication.

Which doesn’t change that suggesting the opinions of the least fortunate among us are burdens is pretentious and unChristlike.

3 Likes

In the world of our Lord, yes, but not so in Ceasar’s world…and the two are quite separate. :sunglasses:

You responded to a comment I made in response to something that was specifically said by someone else. If you didn’t want to participate in THAT part of the discussion, why reply to me?

If you want to chase rabbits down holes and play what ifs, knock yourself out!

OMG…how spot on can you get? :sunglasses:

Trying to remember the verse where Jesus demanded compensation for helping the poor, or suggested their opinions were burdens. Maybe you could make a meme with that one?

I can get even more spot on:

If someone can’t afford a stamp, or to get their lazy ass to the voting booth, they are a burden on this country. :wink:

3 Likes

Do you think this is all about the hand your dealt? It’s more often…by far…not. It’s about how you played your hand…and you played it so lousy, your opinion is useless at the poker table of life.