Positions politically from the "other side" that you are most sympathetic to

I can stack junk food a lot higher than I can stack real food at retail price.

That’s why most of my food comes from my backyard these days.

Marginal tax rates would be another for me. I lean to the Left on that issue.

No you can’t, seasonal vegetables are cheap, beans are cheap, rice and whole grains, cheap. Choose any fast food joint you like, tell me the price of feeding a family of four dinner and I will easily beat it with feeding them a healthy meal for less.

OK, you disagree. :wink:

A lot of ratholes in this thread.

Challenge has been issued, prove me wrong.

I lean left on the death penalty. Way left. Nobody should be executed.

Give me an actual challenge rather than your distant opinion of how my local economy looks. :wink:

We weren’t discussing your local economy, you made a general statement that it’s cheaper to eat junk food. It’s not.

Cheaper, and easier, infact.

For me, it’s wasteful government spending. I’m ok with the tax rate. I do think that corporations and the ultra-wealthy could be paying a bit more. I want my money used more wisely though. The defense budget is ridiculous. I think the entire government budget should be audited every 3 years and money that didn’t have the intended affect needs reallocated to something else.

Start them on dry bologna sandwiches. For every week they stay clean add a better quality food item. Like mayo or mustard after the first week lol.

1 Like

How many dollar stores do you see in well off areas?

1 Like

You’re talking eating out vs buying groceries.

I’m with you on the auditing, but I’d rather see the budget get cut by that amount rather than reallocating it to different spending.

So I’m back inside my house now, making coffee next to the deep freeze.

The 3lb bag of burritos (12pk, family size) cost $4.75. Each burrito (113gr, or ~4oz) contains 250 calories of junk, processed trash, stripped of many useful nutrients that used to be in the unprocessed ingredients.

The 3lbs bag of boneless chicken thighs was $6.99. Each 4oz serving has 140 calories of real food sustenance.

We’re obviously not just going to eat chicken for dinner, either. There’s veggies and starch required in my children’s diets as well, but we’ve already exceeded the cost of junk food, calorie for calorie.

It’s too damn hot inside. Back out to the barn with me so I can argue with you people in peace. lol

Why?

Because they use their wealth to game the system.

:rofl: Good Lord

1 Like

And you don’t?

1 Like