Positions politically from the "other side" that you are most sympathetic to

Sure it does, serves as deterrent and keeps the streets clean for contributing citizens. You won’t accomplish anything otherwise. They will just end up back on the streets.

And vile. It’s ridiculous to think there are people not getting enough healthy food to eat.

2 Likes

Jail is not a deterrent. It’s a school to learn to be a better criminal.

1 Like

If I have to support them I don’t really care if they are free or in jail, that’s their decision.

Evil. Like inviting illegals here then denying them a living. Or convincing happy children they’re oppressed.

2 Likes

Is it? You’re the one wanting to throw everyone in jail.

Everyone? No, just those who would presumably sign a voluntary agreement to follow some basic rules in exchange for free food and housing. And then break them. Because the alternative is to kick them out and that solves nothing, right back to square one. I had to follow my employers rules in order to earn money to buy food and shelter, why should they not?

Your solution would require another huge centgov agency to enforce it. Who decides what’s over the line?

As does your jail, adding a criminal record for life.

No, they can get back in the program when they get out of jail.

Vaccines- see my vaccine thread

A little bit with healthcare. I sympathize with the sentiments, but am still hesitant because the state, who doesn’t know you well, is getting involved and making decisions for you. (Vaccines are one decision and its during a pandemic).

I’ll think of more later.

1 Like

And a job?

Donate them. Solve world hunger.

Anyone in the program would of course be free to seek and obtain employment at any time.

World hunger isn’t a lack of food problem, it is a political and logistics problem.

5 Likes

Do you know what having a criminal record does to employment opportunities?

And regulatory.

1 Like

But in regard to having a record, the only criminal record that should follow you for life, should be violent crime. So we don’t end up hiring rapists as kindergarten teachers.

2 Likes

I’ll admit I simply don’t care who’s starving around the world. I only care about the food going to waste here, that could feed people here.

It’s more expensive to eat actual, real food, than it is to buy empty-caloric trash, and still we destroy it, because government says, “You are only allowed to grow and sell THIS much food!”

2 Likes

Object to it being more expensive to eat healthy food. It’s not. I can easily feed a family of four a healthy dinner for less than the price of a bag of doritos.

1 Like