Pocahontas campaign headquarters broken into

How is Pocahontas the new N word? When did this happen. As far as Dolezal goes she is a whacko what did they used to call white people who thought they were black? It wasn’t the N word it was something in the lines of “Lunatic”.

1 Like

Already covered.
Pocahontas <> N word
Sorry, I know it would be great if you could infuse that word with the same historical significance. You can’t.

1 Like

Most of the tribal members I know cheer the Red Skins and the Chiefs on. To us it is an honor when these warriors defeat their enemy. What could be more of an honor then people thinking of Native Americans where they walk on the field for battle.

They’re both racial slurs. I’m sure whatever distinction you’ve come up with justifies it to you, but that’s on you, not me.

Pocahontas is not a slur word. She was a famous Native American lady. Lets not disrespect her by saying she was a slur word.

How can I make you understand. No tribal membership, Your not a Native American.

Yes. Of course.

You guys are trying to compliment Warren with your racial slurs.

I heard “Uncle Tom” was a great man, so that makes it not a slur - right?

1 Like

Warren is one of the elite. She graduated from Harvard and is worth over 14 million and she is not a Cherokee Indian. I do not feel sorry for her that she is getting called out for it while poor Cherokee Indians tell her to be quiet going on about her purity tests.

Or as a real Cherokee Indian put it at think progress.

“ She was not a hero to me when she failed to foster a haven of support for Native students within Harvard University’s alienating Ivy League culture. She is not a hero for spending years awkwardly avoiding Native leaders. She is not a hero because, despite claiming to be the only Native woman in the U.S. Senate, she has done nothing to advance our rights.

She is not from us. She does not represent us. She is not Cherokee.”

It say lot about the person that equates Pocahontas to N word.

1 Like

It says a lot about the person who thinks that one is ok, and the other is not.

2 Likes

But it disrespects her by using her name as an insult. That’s the point.

2 Likes

Does her “elite” status make it ok to call her racial slurs?

Thank you.

Such disrespect for a famous historical figure. Imagine the courage it took for her to leave to a (to her) new continent. And now, she is a “slur word”.
No. If someone dresses up in a stovepipe hat and starts reciting the Gettysburg address, they might risk being referred to as “Abraham Lincoln”. That is a sign of ridicule of the person who does that, not a sign of disrespect to Abraham Lincoln. And it does not make “Abraham Lincoln” a slur word.

1 Like

She was the one that insulted native Americans by lying about her family to get special privilege.

1 Like

More word salad.

You’re missing the point.

You guys are the ones who turned her name into a slur.

I do understand your point. I don’t disputte it.

How can I make you understand that you are talking about what.a child learned at her grandmother’s knee – whether accurate or not.

:rofl:

Projection. That was the point of my last post - and this one too.

1 Like

Would help if you make any sense.