Pittsburgh shooter blamed Jews for "migrant caravan"

it’s more difficult for them to do whistle to extremists and racists with 11 people dead in a synagogue

Never any doubt.

Shaun King
](https://mobile.twitter.com/shaunking)

Spent the past few hours studying the social media of Robert Bowers - the Pittsburgh shooter. Guess what he believed & was actively angry about? Trump’s lie that dangerous men from the Middle East were marching in as a part of the caravan in Mexico & that Jews were funding it.

2:13 PM · Oct 27, 2018

1 Like

shocker…

You state that Trump said that Jews were funding the migrant caravan. I have heard that statement before. I asked the other person who made that claim to direct me to the quote in which Trump stated that Jews were funding the caravan. I have not heard back, so perhaps you can give me the quote by Trump that Jews are funding the caravan. Appreciate it.

“Last week, Republican congressman Matt Gaetz tweeted a video he said showed Hondurans being paid to join the migrant caravan.

Billionaire philanthropist George Soros, who is something of a pantomime villain in the eyes of many on the right, might be behind the payments, Gaetz suggested.

President Trump was among those to share the footage, which has been viewed millions of times, while the claims that migrants have been in some way funded by Soros or the Democrats have continued to be repeated on social media.”

Why did Trump re-tweet the Gaetz video? Just for the heck of it?

There were dozens and dozens of posts on this very board that repeated the same exact thing.

2 Likes

Show me where Trump called Soros an evil Jew.

If you can’t, then YOU are the one who called him that.

We hear the dog whistles.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/the-central-premise-of-his-presidency-critics-say-trump-has-fostered-the-toxic-environment-for-the-political-violence-he-denounces/2018/10/27/cd45e43e-da1e-11e8-a10f-b51546b10756_story.html?utm_term=.b738186c6010

Show me ONE public statement by any Democratic member of Congress or governor (You know, politicians with a national platform) along these lines:

“I’m a Democrat, and I hate America.”

“I’m a Democrat, and I want to turn our country into a third world cesspool.”

“I’m a Democrat, and I want to keep African Americans in thrall to my party by enslaving them with the welfare state.”

No videos of that? Really? Because thats the kind of crap slung at Democrats by SOME commenters on this and other boards EVERY GD DAY. I guess that will stop now that you’ve never heard those words come out of a Democrat’s mouth, huh?

I don’t know you, and you don’t know me. But I don’t think for a second that you want to destroy this country. I don’t actually believe that of any Republican. But there is one Republican who doesn’t give a damn about me, you, his party or this country; he cares for and is working ONLY for himself. Why your party still supports him, or at a minimum is thoroughly p`whipped by him, absolutely baffles me.

8 Likes

Soros’s Judaism has nothing to do with the reason he is despised by conservatives.

Just look for the crowd all wearing red MAGA hats. They buy every drip that oozes from Trump’s orifice.

The caravan was used incorrectly for political points. Claiming Middle Eaterners were part of the caravan is instilling fear in people. Also claiming Soros was funding the caravan is also a false narrative that gets people angry who hear how terrible Soros is on AM radio.

soros is not a practicing jew and has clearly stated he is not a religious person.

It’s so weird how they want to put him up on the cross all of the sudden though. A man who admitted he was a nazi collaborator and said he had no regrets about it, and was even smiling as he admitted it, comparing his role in confiscation of property to his business role in the stock markets (with a smile on his face).

That’s their martyr.

that’s what Donald Trump is best at.

the dude just creates chaos and hopes to profit in the aftermath.

1 Like

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2018/10/24/conspiracy-theories-about-soros-arent-just-false-theyre-anti-semitic/?utm_term=.52994d9c8c1c

But the crazy fringe conflates the two things- that’s what happened yesterday. Take a look at the Breitbart comments section if you don’t believe it.

MAGA, dude. Trump has only done good for good Americans. LOL.

Your misinformation will brew more hate.

This is some crazy material all around.

The media is pushing sensational to new depths of vile. That is where I would begin to look for an ethical upheaval. The legislators cannot help.

So, just to make it clear, then, Trump never said that Jews were funding the caravan. That was a false statement.
I guess that’s one of the reasons the shooter hated Trump.

Trump did not blame Jews for the caravan. Those who did insinuate that Soros might be behind it were not necessarily blaming Jews. If someone were to say “Ivanka went to the store” that is not the same meaning as “Jews went to the store”.
Soros funds many left wing sources and is often called out just as the Koch brothers are called out by the left for funding some Republicans. He is not exempt because he is Jewish.

2 Likes