Pittsburgh shooter blamed Jews for "migrant caravan"

How about this then, Doug? Maybe don’t retweet a batspit crazy conspiracy theory from the lunatic fringe? There’s as much evidence that Soros funded the caravan as there is that Sayoc is a Brennan Deep State plant, which is NONE. It doesn’t prevent the White Nationalist Republican wingnut from connecting the Soros/Jew/caravan/kill`em dots in his insane brain, but it doesn’t encourage it, either.

I don’t know that Trump ever mentioned Soros either as far as funding the caravan. Pence did mention that there was evidence funding was coming from the outside and I recall he mentioned the possibility of Venezuela being a source.
Its a little ironic complaining about unproven allegations with all this talk about the Russians and “smoke” over the last two years.

Trump knows exactly what he’s doing with the Soros, globalist, and nationalist dogwhistles. They’re vague enough that he (and you) can deny what they are, but the white supremacists hear them loud and clear. Check the Breitbart comments if you doubt it. I am to afraid to even look at Gab.

It’s been mentioned and linked in this very thread that Trump tweeted Gaetz saying it.

And spare me the ironic comparison between Gaetz’ paranoid ramblings and a federal investigation authorized by a Trump appointee, conducted by a Republican, resulting in multiple felony convictions, the first of which centered on the NSA negotiating with the Russians to lift sanctions before Trump was in office. So, you know, illegally.

Try to keep up, Doug.

1 Like

We had at least two posters falsely claiming in this thread that Trump had blamed the caravan on funding by the Jews. What it comes down to is some people like to pretend Trump is Hitler and they are “the Resistance”. Dogwhistle usually means: The person didn’t say it but we’re going to pretend he did anyway.

1 Like

No. A nationalist who got caught up in the rhetoric about how dangerous the caravan is that is threatening “to breach” our borders is the reason they are dead.

Hmmmm… You know any other nationalist that have been drumming up fear about the caravan recently Doug?

No , this is what dogwhistle means in the political context:
a type of strategy of communication that sends a message that the general population will take a certain meaning from, but a certain group will take away the secret, intended message. Often involves code words.

rIn politics, to make an innocuous statement which is designed to trigger previously indoctrinated bigotry and hatred without being recognized by outsiders for bigotry or hateful speech.

Nothing wrong with a little nationalism, now is there boys and girls?

No. Dogwhistle usually means coded (non-specific) language that nonetheless is clearly understood by the listener.

Try to keep up, Doug.

Soros isn’t demonized because he’s a “funder of liberal causes” and to play dumb about it is to kinda support it.

1 Like

yeah. he’s very good at certain things. that’s one of them.

and the message comes through loud and clear. just like his comments about those in Charlottesville.

Question for you, do you think the caravan was funded by Soros?

i think they do in their secret meetings (in front of the TV).

Not really, that’s the MO of the left-wing media. They always try to make things seem worse than they are when covering any event that they can use to vilify the right.

Soros is a very interesting character. With his well diserved reputation as a real life “James Bond villain,” you would think someone would have produced a Pulitzer winnng exposé on him.

Hilarious…

2 Likes

Are you implying that the only reason Soros is vilified by the right is because he is a (non-practicing) Jew?

That is not my assessment. Google it. Even the MSM mentions it frequently.

“Bombs” are nothingburgers.

We were discussing the media inference that Soros was targeted because he is a Jew, not about the bombs. As you libs are fond to say … please try to keep up.

This would probably be a good time to take another look at Trump’s wildly anti-Semitic closing ad from 2016

Hmmm, what do all three of those otherwise unrelated people have in common?