PermaDrooling: The Official Unofficial Trial of Paul Manafort Thread

Manafort’s convictions puts this whole thing within direct reach of the Russian investigation. Manafort was at the Russian meeting in Trump Tower. If he wants a to cut a big chunk of time off his prison time, he needs to start talking to Mueller…NOW.

I’ll post this again for those who may have missed it.

Ahhhh, yes. As Judge Ellis so eloquently told Paul Manafort when he squeaked about being sent there, “…the professionals at Alexandria Detention Center are very familiar with housing high-profile defendants, including foreign and domestic terrorists, spies and traitors.”

He’ll be in good company. Or she will. Whichever. Works both ways.

1 Like

I wonder if John Bolton will be making any visits to see Paul. Or her, for that matter. They same to have a bit of a relationship.

I never said that tax fraud or bank fraud were part of what Podesta was doing, so go argue with your straw man somewhere else.
Other than that, they were working for exactly the same factions in Ukraine. And neither one of them were registered lobbyists. BTW, when does Podesta go on trial for working as a lobbyist without being registered?

Right here. Has Trump been charged with something?

No but his lawyer has pled guilty to campaign finance violations that he and Trump engineered.

That’s up to the SDNY who now have the Podesta and Vin Weber cases.

Cloud nine? No, I am not. As repulsive as I’ve always found Trump and would like him to leave office, it’s a sad day for America. I feel people like @NebraskaFootball @wonderingrover @Konssurvative1
and myself have been proven correct, although it really didn’t take today to prove that. Even so, there’s no thrill for me to be shown we were correct to say no to Trump and continue our stance even after he was elected.

I do believe Cohen’s accusations rise to the level of high crimes and misdemeanors. We will see how Congress responds. Nothing but hand wringing and the usual platitudes from Rs would be my guess.

As for Pence, yes of course I still support him. I’ve hated seeing him as Trump’s water boy, but that’s what VPs do.

2 Likes

Yeah, or he could just wait for the pardon which I’m sure is coming. Only a matter of when.

Yep, and that’s the biggest story of the day. Nothing Manafort was convicted of today implicates Trump. But Cohen’s admission in court sure does.

It could be years. And he has another trial ahead to pay for. They’re taking much of what he has. His finances can’t be endless.

Tell that to our host, who called them “minor” tonight at the beginning of his show.

Well I believe differently. I need to check around online and see what some of the legal experts are saying.

You make this sound more like a banana republic all the time.

That’s what we have trials and juries for.

That will be the next interesting chapter here. Whether Trump will pardon people or not. If he does, then he will make everything exponentially worse for himself. But I doubt he has the intelllect to comprehend that. :joy:

I thought so as well and was surprised there was not even a single charge that all jurors believed held reasonable doubt to them. But as we discussed before, these were document heavy crimes. And the government had truck loads of documents backing up each charge. So I guess it makes sense in retrospect.

Paul who? Nobody got time to follow some obscure tax case now… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

If something happens to Trump he will trash/expose everyone on the way down.