PermaDrooling: The Official Unofficial Trial of Paul Manafort Thread

Mistrial, not “failed to prove”, and a direct result of Manafort’s witness tampering.

I personally don’t. My original prediction was guilty on half of the charges and 40 years sentenced. Looks like I was pretty close. I find it to be a pretty strong vindication of this particular prosecution and trial. The conviction will result in life in prison for the criminal. Sounds pretty good for an outcome in my eyes.

I really hope Trump mentions Hillary at his rally and the toadies start chanting “lock her up.”

1 Like

Oh for sure. He’s essentially going to be handed a life sentence due to his age. But he won’t spend a long time in prison.

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy:

Which one of Trump’s cronies should she share a cell with?

I went with 12 guilty verdicts as my prediction. I kinda thought there’d be at least a few acquittals, but that was wrong. Everything was either a conviction or deadlocked. Zero acquittals. Acquittal is what shows the government failed to prove its case and none of those happened.

Hard to say. Sooooo many to choose from.

Two convicted and another indicted.

And that’s just from TODAY.

The way they’re going, they’re going to have a whole wing soon.

Is it too early to start making predictions as to when Mike Pence becomes POTUS?

He probably shouldn’t start writing his inauguration speech, but he might want to start coming up with some ideas.

I wonder where all the Trump supporters are?

1 Like

Waiting on the Fox evening line up to tell them everything is going to be fine?

Conan was here for a while but he’s gone now.

That sounds about right. Today’s events do make it somewhat more likely that Trump will either resign or be removed from office, but I wouldn’t place a bet on it. Yet.

The accusations by Cohen alone are impeachable offenses.

Seems the best they can do is rest on the fact this doesn’t have anything to do with Russia.

I don’t blame them for not being here, I sure wouldn’t either. Especially if I’d been shamelessly shilling for him, as some have.

1 Like

He should consider commissioning the guys from “Queer Eye” to re-do the oval office. Get kind of a head start on it.

I know the Trumpists don’t care, however I loved what the DoJ person had to say out side the Cohen sentencing.

“The rule of law applies.”

“We are a nation of laws.”

You must be on cloud nine, you still support Pence?