PermaDrooling: The Official Unofficial Trial of Paul Manafort Thread

It wouldn’t surprise me. I think it would be a mistake to do it before the midterms though.

It really cracks me up when our host plays the audio tape of Adam Schiff taking the call from the Russian DJs who prank him by claiming to have “dirt on Trump”.

Schiff explicitly says “and you can provide this information to the FBI and the committee?”

Yet our host, laughably!, then says “What about Adam Schiff’s collusion with the Russians to get dirt on Trump!!”

2 Likes

Consider the audience.

Now, how do I get that ostrich coat at auction?

I would agree if Manafort had been convicted on all counts, or at least most of them. But no conviction on 10 of 18 makes it somewhat less risky for Trump to do it now, or very soon.

I’m really interested in hearing how many on the jury were for acquittal on the other charges. Will say a lot as to how well the prosecution proved its case. How many of them had reasonable doubt?

I got first dibs.

Two network break-ins in one day as soon as the Cohen prosecution speaks.

Of course, what about Hillary. :rofl:

Won’t be surprising if he does.

And honestly, it does make the prosecution look bad that they couldn’t get a conviction on more than half of the charges. I highly doubt there was a single juror who held out.

It’s like orgasm day!

Why do the numbers matter? Bank fraud and tax fraud. Convicted.

1 Like

I don’t think the jury want to talk with anyone.

1 Like

Manafort’s looking at 30 years

Tons of people connected with Donald Trump end up thrown under the bus or in massive trouble. He needs to be careful.

Negative. For all we know it was one stubborn juror. An acquittal would be something else but this ain’t it.

Paulie Manafort is a felon either way. His next trial is in 3 weeks. Then they could redo these remaining 10 counts of they choose.

1 Like

Cohen allocuted that he broke election finance laws at the direction of Trump.

1 Like

It matters because they couldn’t prove 10 out of 18 counts. That’s just over half of them. Would be very different if it had been only 1 or 2.

That begs the question. So what? I asked why the numbers matter you said because they matter.

Yes, I saw those posts. I was referring to the outcome of the Manafort trial.

I find it absolutely stunning that these things are happening almost simultaneously.

You don’t think it’s a major fail that the prosecution failed to prove 10 out of 18 counts?