Pence: Honoured to have you here Joe!

No, they were based on a pissed off and embarrassed sheriff whose racket got exposed.

Your own cited article shows otherwise.

No, it didn’t. It stated that the sheriff’s department doubled up on charges the city had already filed, and then added some new charges that the city didn’t plan to file since they typically don’t count the full weight of the edible toward the limit that counts toward a trafficking charge. I literally copied and pasted that to you just a few posts up.

The additional charges came when the lab confirmed the making of the marijuana butter. Anytime you add illegal drugs to something else the total weight of the substance is used to determine the charges. Again, it’s right in the cited article.

Let me do it again for you:

They added ANOTHER paraphernalia charge (which the city had already filed), ANOTHER felony possession charge (which the city had already filed), and then ADDED the trafficking charge due to the weight of the butter.

So let me put it in layman’s terms:

2 of the 3 charges filed by the SD had ALREADY BEEN FILED BY THE CITY POLICE.

UNEQUIVOCALLY NOT TRUE. STRAIGHT FROM MY ARTICLE:

"…the Rainbow City Police Department does not consider the entire weight of something like marijuana butter a drug for purposes of calculating whether a suspect should be charged with trafficking.

“Our guys just charged him with possession,” Bryant said Monday. “You wouldn’t add the butter with that. It should be just the amount of marijuana … You can’t add the butter, it would just be the marijuana alone.”

And that’s the third charge from the SD-which the city wasn’t going to file because, as the arresting entity, they directly stated that they don’t consider the entire weight of something like pot butter when calculating whether a suspect should be charged with trafficking.

Who says that “anytime you add something” to marijuana it adds to the weight?

the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Progressive liberalism is my enemy.

If that’s the logic being used, then we better start weighting people when they’re arrested because the person is now part of the total weight of the weed. We’ll be putting lots of people in jail for weed, but that’s what WR wants anyway. if I’m not mistaken, he once stated dealers should be executed. Giving a dude life in prison (trafficking can carry a life sentence in Alabama) for having 8 sticks of weed butter sounds like a WR approved sentence.

And that would be the local PD’s policy.

Under the law however the total weight of whatever you are making can and usually will be used. If you make marijuana brownies for example you are charged wit the total weight of the brownies not some estimate of the portion of the brownies that is actually marijuana.

Examples.

JERSEY CITY – Police say it wasn’t a Betty Crocker recipe being used at the home of a Jersey City man who, along with another man, was charged with having 15 pounds of marijuana-laced brownies.

Corey D. Herring, 27, of Cator Avenue, and Michael M. Simeus, 24, of Bidwell Avenue, were arrested Saturday and charged with possession of 15 pounds of marijuana, the criminal complaint says. The 15 pounds is the entire weight of the brownies, an official said.

Michael M. Simeus, 24, of Bidwell Avenue, appears in court in Jersey City yesterday, March 19, 2018, on charges related to 15 pounds of brownies containing suspected marijuana.

A University of Iowa student faces felony drug charges after he allegedly received a package of marijuana brownies in the mail last month at his dorm.

According to a criminal complaint, Burge residence hall staff on April 8 intercepted a U.S. Postal Service package intended for Christian Hernandez, 19, because it smelled of marijuana.

The package was turned over to the Johnson County Drug Task Force, which delivered it to Hernandez, according to the complaint. Hernandez allegedly claimed ownership of the package and took possession, and he allegedly admitted to authorities he knew he was receiving marijuana brownies through the mail.

Authorities also say Hernandez stated he had received a previous package of marijuana brownies and distributed the brownies to friends.

The total weight of the brownies was 865.75 grams, or about 1.9 pounds. Hernandez was charged with a controlled substance violation with the intent to distribute, which is a Class D felony. It was not clear how much marijuana was in the brownies

That’s a ■■■■■■ up way to think and live your life.

At least in some stated WildRose appears to be right. They count the entire weight of baked goods for determining amount of possession.

However, it seems it’s almost never actually charged that way.

“takin’ a stand”

the opposite of what you think it is.

BTW… given your comment… glad to see you don’t subscribe to that “I’m OK, you’re OK” nonsense either.

My point all along is that the arresting entity, the city PD, decided not to charged him with trafficking because it’s pretty apparent he wasn’t trafficking in the way we normally think of it. He had 8 sticks of butter infused with weed. The city decided that wasn’t worth a trafficking charge, but then the sheriff’s department came along and not only charged him with trafficking, but with 2 additional charges that he had already been charged with by the city.

This was clearly retribution from the sheriff’s department for the young man’s comments revealing the sheriff’s racket. WR is trying to defend that racket, and it’s totally expected.

It’s not the least bit uncommon.

This is because the pot laws in the Lone Star State allow the total weight of the marijuana edible to be used when calculating the charges. Under this flawed policy, the two men have been charged with a first-degree felony for possession of over 400 grams of a controlled substance, an offense that could make them permanent fixtures of the Texas Department of Corrections if they are not able to secure a shark-toothed defense team.

Jacob Lavoro, a 19-year-old from Round Rock, Texas, was charged with a first degree felony because he used hash oil instead of marijuana, allowing the state to weigh the brownies as a whole — including the sugar, cocoa, butter and other ingredients — to calculate the weight of the drugs.

Police searched Lavoro’s apartment, where they allegedly found 660 grams — or 1.45 pounds — of baked goods (six bags of cookies, nine bags of brownies) along with 16 ounces of marijuana and $1,675 in cash.

I can pull up similar cases from all over the country all day if you like.

No doubt it was retribution, it was also perfectly legal.

When you intentionally poke the bear and the bear bites back there’s no surprise at all.

Let’s say you put 7-10 grams of marijuana into a batch of marijuana brownies. You bake them, wrap them all up, and put them in a cooler in the back of your car for tomorrow. On the way to your buddy’s place, you get pulled over and eventually searched by the police. They find the brownies in the cooler and charge you with possession of cannabis.

Leaving aside the legality of why you were pulled over or searched, how many grams of cannabis can you be charged with? 7-10? Think again. You will be charged with the total weight of the brownies. By infusing marijuana into chocolate brownies you have practiced legal alchemy.

And there it is, your classic “I never disagreed with you, but I’m going to argue with you anyway” routine.

Because that’s what just happened-my point all along is that it was retribution.

Don’t know how anyone can defend Joe. No way should Pence have been praising him as a “law and order” guy. He’s nothing of the sort.

Just exactly how many more examples do you need?