Pastor tells congregation why he prayed for Trump

Three times a week, and you?

See above. Did you bring your vacuum cleaner?

Why would trump ask the pastor to pray for HIM? Instead of say, HIM Praying FOR the victims of the mass shooting?

2 Likes

A call like Trumpā€™s to any church on the planet is downright offensive. Heā€™s lucky that they took the high road and only offered an apology to congregants, many of whom found the man morally disgusting and a representation of the opposite of Christian belief, afterward.

How about for praying for trump instead of praying for the victims of a mass shooting?

I pray for Trump every day. Those prayers are never answered.

Iā€™m tempted to believe that there is no God, after seeing what Trump has done to many who profess to believe in a Christian God, but I just figure that this is another test of faith.

Either that or mass hypnosis.

Who says you canā€™t do both?

Trump does.

Explicitly.

I wrote nothing in terms of ā€œdefeating Trumpā€.

I simply called out that thereā€™s a good possibility the pastor was not pleased that Trump crashed his service.

So heā€™s said, ā€œdonā€™t pray for the victims of mass shootings.ā€

Link.

Same reaction about Obama? Give me a break. You guys attacked him over mustard and color of his suit. Everything he did was always scorned as a photo op to feed his ego.

HadObama waltzed into a church and onto stage in the middle of the service and left after getting a prayer and photos you would have pilloried him.

Must. Defend. Trump.

Itā€™s amazing the mental gymnastics you guys are willing to do for your lord savior Trump.

No, heā€™s said, bring your people together to pray only for me.

Link above.

If heā€™d come into our church during his term, weā€™d have certainly prayed for him. Still will. You guys arenā€™t seeing the forest for the trees.

If something that would never happen happened, weā€™d do something that would make us look good.

Okay.

2 Likes

Itā€™s for the glory of God, not our own.

I understand that your church would have received Obama with open arms, but @blueapplepaste was discussing that if Obama went to a church unannounced, a thread would have been started here where every Republican would have vilified him for doing so.

Weā€™ve called out people in our church when they show up for political or selfish purposes. Maybe our honesty sometimes gets in the way of Godā€™s teaching. We ask for forgiveness afterward. Our lunch buffets remain fantastic, but thatā€™s how things roll in Chicago.

Weā€™ve called out people in our church

Youā€™re doing it wrong.

Of courseā€¦

1 Like

I donā€™t know your dynamic around here, but Iā€™m sure that the comments of moderators are within the bounds of criticism, right? And if that werenā€™t the case, then Iā€™d have seen something in the ground rules that I read. Just testing the ice for cracks. Seems from a reaction or two that I should walk on tippy toes lol. Ainā€™t happening.