Pastor tells congregation why he prayed for Trump

Of course Trump supporters would make it the congregations fault. Trump decided it would make for good optics by just popping into a church.

Perhaps you should ask yourself why a man who has never shown any religious convictions before suddenly decides prayers are important.

The one true god can never be criticized by his followers.

6 Likes

Why did the pastor make the apology. Apology for what?

Iā€™m sure the pastor will apologize for Godā€™s will being done through our president. You know, because thatā€™s what we pray for.

Because he felt strongarmed into making the prayer? Perhaps you should ask him that. I dont know his thought process.

The defence of Trump at al costs continues.

2 Likes

Do you pray?

So you donā€™t know his thought process, but purport to know mine?

Thatā€™s exactly right. If a pastor prays for a drug addict or an alcoholic, is he endorsing either one?

The worst among us need our prayers the most.

That article doesnā€™t get it.

It doesnā€™t matter why.

Doing his job.

Youā€™re right. By apologizing, the shepherd has lead the flock astray.

Ya know, each pastor usually has their sermons and the service already laid out. A lot of times, its a theme or pattern.

When the President makes an unannounced visit, and wants the pastor to pray for him, it throws everything off. Iā€™m sure all the pastor wanted to to is lead over service, not stop everything to pander to some over-grown child.

Now, if Trump showed up, sat in the back of the church, and just listened to the service. Then afterwords, came up to the pastor and thanked him and then asked to pray for him, it would not have been so terrible.

But everything is about Trump. And you Trump supporters pissed and moaned about Obama being a narcissist. Ha.

2 Likes

Iā€™d be of the same opinion had this been Obama. Had this been any other Joe coming off the street, prayers would be poured over him. Status is a figment of our imaginations in the eyes of God. The grumblers here are the same that would gnash teeth at the thought of extending the service 10 minutes because someone was getting saved at the alter call, causing them to arrive at Dennyā€™s during the height of the lunch crowd.

EVERYTHING doesnā€™t have to be about your calls to defeat him.

Really?

I know your thought process, and I have no clue who you are.

Do you want me to tell you what we are all accurately thinking about it?

If any other Joe off the street had called ahead to the nearest Christian church in the nearest town and said, "Hey, get ready, Joe off the street is coming, and heā€™s expecting you and your congregation to say a prayer about him, everyone wouldā€™ve hung around to ā€œhang prayers all over him?ā€

Have you ever been to church?

Oh, I see that youā€™re a moderator. Never mind. Youā€™re right.

8 Likes

Irony.

Twice a week. As a teenager, five times a week to keep one of our priest friends company for his 7 a.m. mass which no one but us ever attended. On occasion, heā€™d serve us wine as kids at 7 a.m. Weā€™d look at him, heā€™d nod, and weā€™d drink. We helped vacuum the church afterward.

You donā€™t know me and never will.

Save your reflex replies for somebody else who operates on your level.

was he really wearing golf shoes?