PA 2022 Senate Race

Fetterman begs me for money. Lamb does not. And hell I don’t even live in Penn.

Allan

Allan

New FOX poll has McCormick ahead.

A LOT of money is being spent to keep this seat in the R column.

Part of what makes the race unusual is the sheer amount of money being spent so early in the campaign, thanks to the candidates’ incredible wealth. Typically such heavy advertising starts later, and there’s less time between the TV wave and the reports that show who’s funding them. (Top Democratic candidates only began advertising on TV in recent days, while some Republicans have been on the air since November).

But Mr. McCormick, until recently head of Bridgewater Associates, the world’s largest hedge fund, came to the race with his own money and a network of ultra-wealthy supporters tied to him and his wife, Goldman Sachs executive Dina Powell McCormick. It’s unclear how much of his campaign spending comes from his own resources, and how much has been funded by donors.

Why do you say that?

The rulings on Congressional maps and mail in voting.

They played a part in propping up Brandon and Pelosi who have mangled our domestic security and energy policies.

I won’t take the extra step calling them criminally fraudulent…They do have dirty hands. They KNOW mail in ballots are rife with impossible to prove fraud.

3 Likes

The fraud is so good we can’t find evidence of it.

Maybe that’s because there is no fraud.

Can you consider that a possibility?

Allan

1 Like

Nope.

The report stated: “Absentee ballots remain the largest source of potential voter fraud.”

“State and local jurisdictions should prohibit a person from handling absentee ballots other than the voter, an acknowledged family member, the U.S. Postal Service, or other legitimate shipper, or election officials,” the 2005 commission report said. “The practice in some states of allowing candidates or party workers to pick up and deliver absentee ballots should be eliminated.”

1 Like

A 17 year old report means nothing nowadays.

Allan

Jimmy Carter is still around and the problem hasn’t changed a lick.

The problem of mail votes.

Talk to Oregon who uses mail votes exclusively.

Allan

Yeah…Look at Oregon.

Still insurrecting that federal facility.

Let’s stick to PA in this thread.

Until I see a better researched report…Carter Baker is the standard.

Fun fact about Dave McCormick and Bridgewater…

Ray Dalio (Bridgewater founder) instituted an employee app called the Dot Collector, which is essentially a real-time internal meeting performance tool. Employees expected to rate the contributions of meeting participants by assigning them one to ten dots and provide open text feedback.

Everyone in the meeting has visibility and can see who says what and see each other’s dot rating.

I had a client once who wanted to do this, in a place where everyone spoke to each other like they were in front of a marriage counselor. Like, you want people to tell their boss’s boss that she said something stupid, when they are scared to voice a disagreement about the coffee selection?

Maybe he would institute in the Senate - lots of one and ten-dot contributions - probably not a lot of nuance.

So the 17 intervening years, nothing has been accomplished regarding mail in voting.

For one thing mail voting has become commonplace.

Allan

1 Like

Since you want it to be PA centric. Here is the mail in voting website.

So okay how would one cast a fraudulent vote using the system in place at the present time.

Allan

He JUST thought of this?

Looks like Oz is out.

A dual citizen. Just say no…

Allan

12 horses enter the starting gate.

Allan

1 Like

I really like Kathy Barnette’s chances. She’s very impressive in the following interview.

1 Like

I like her also. The R have a good group of candidates.

I like Carla Sands a lot also.

Hopefully the runners up will find other offices to win in the near future.

I think McCormick has the R nomination thanks to his deep pockets and appealing personality.